Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Awesome! im so excited to get back on it, since its my favorite flat ride

Sorry, I was joking after a reply I got a couple hours ago about it being closed in another thread....wasnt anything toward you.

S'all good. I just didn't post the evidence upfront cuz it was on a different platform.

This ride is not ideal to wait for when operating with one swing. I think one day it had a posted 75 minute wait with one swing going when I was there July 5th. That’s unfortunate because I really enjoy screaming swings but if they are operating one swing it’s incredibly likely to be a lower priority for me on visits. It had a 30 minute wait still posted tonight at 9:30. I got in line briefly to get my ride then bailed for three laps on Apollo and 1 on Tempesto which all had no line. Much more worth it lol.

This ride is not ideal to wait for when operating with one swing. I think one day it had a posted 75 minute wait with one swing going when I was there July 5th. That’s unfortunate because I really enjoy screaming swings but if they are operating one swing it’s incredibly likely to be a lower priority for me on visits. It had a 30 minute wait still posted tonight at 9:30. I got in line briefly to get my ride then bailed for three laps on Apollo and 1 on Tempesto which all had no line. Much more worth it lol.

I was with you up to tempesto...

Not sure how old or new this is but:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: ludmarco
Now that BfE is supposedly dead, I am turning my vengeance on my second least favorite ride in the park.

I don't care if you think this ride is fun or even if it is objectively quality to ride. It ruined the Ireland sightlines, the quaintness of the hamlet, and the overall visual appeal. And that horrid NOISE, sounds like someone has a vacuum hooked up to a megaphone. Atrocious for a part of the park that used to seem so one with nature. I get they wanted a ride in Ireland, but jesus how out of touch can you be for what should go where? There is a reason we have less beauty focused portions of the park like Oktoberfest and Festa for the noisy and non visually appealing attractions. Could've easily put something much less jarring in Ireland.

Rant over. For now.

Finnegans Flyer is the best flat ride in the state of Virginia and one of the best Screaming Swing models in the country. I think it added some necessary spice to an ageing area and the noise isn’t even noticeable once you past Pot O Gold while music is present. Disagree with you 100%

Like I said, I am not even talking about the quality of the ride itself. Moreso that it is a massive eye sore and a noisemaker. My problem is not with the ride itself since I think it is a fine ride, rather the placement. I think people can universally agree it was a major hit to the visual aesthetic of Ireland, just a matter on if you think what was gained was more than what was lost.

Like that piss poor attempt at painting it to make it look more in tune with the hamlet made me so angry. A couple hundred bucks over the cost of paint could've been dished out to smack on some actual fake rockwork to get it to match the wall and drawbridge entrance. And the mountain of gravel below it, looks like the thing is shitting out pebbles. 0 effort was put into integrating it aesthetically with the space, and that is my beef with it. They slapped an off-brand Go Away Green™ on the ugly bits and had the local public schools paint some rocks on half of the supports that suddenly dissipates into poo brown. Stings even more seeing SWSA's rendition and the level of theming theirs looks to have, but then again the initial renders for Finnegan's did actually look better compared to what we got.

Your dislikes feed me. Unleash your hatred, it makes you stronger young Jedi.

The location was always going to be controversial, but it is something I can forgive. I understand why they put it where they did.

My main gripes revolve entirely around the scenic execution, planting, etc. The attraction's paint job, the painfully generic platform and queue area, the lack of any substantive attempt to hide the area under the platform, the exposure of backstage areas with zero attempt at mitigation, the totally unnatural look of the remaining waterway, everything—it is all horribly dialed-in and cheap looking. Building a ride in that location required care and attention that BGW clearly had (and has) no desire to actually deliver on.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad