Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Glad others liked it, I'll definitely give it another chance, maybe I just caught a bad showing.
I think anyone can play any role if they do a good job. 🤷
I don't necessarily disagree in general, but in this case for Igor I do. Igor was written to be a male, past male Igor always had funny interactions 'gawking' at the slutty nurses (for lack of a better word). Female Igor instead has those with the male characters like the wolf guy and Dracula, they are still funny, but the nurses already do that, I don't think Igor should need to fill that role too. I also thought some of the jokes with her were a little weird, and seemed like they were written for a male Igor and not changed when they casted a female. Others can disagree, but I'll have to see another show before I'll change my mind that past Igor's weren't better.
Igor is the same actor who was in oktoberfest and he's not a woman
The actress in my show was a woman. This video shows the same actress
Yall just say any dumb stuff that comes to your head huh?
Correct
 
Glad others liked it, I'll definitely give it another chance, maybe I just caught a bad showing.

I don't necessarily disagree in general, but in this case for Igor I do. Igor was written to be a male, past male Igor always had funny interactions 'gawking' at the slutty nurses (for lack of a better word). Female Igor instead has those with the male characters like the wolf guy and Dracula, they are still funny, but the nurses already do that, I don't think Igor should need to fill that role too. I also thought some of the jokes with her were a little weird, and seemed like they were written for a male Igor and not changed when they casted a female. Others can disagree, but I'll have to see another show before I'll change my mind that past Igor's weren't better.

The actress in my show was a woman. This video shows the same actress

Correct
the person in that video you linked is a man. There is no female igor.
 
I watched a few clips from the video you linked @rollercoastercoaster and I'm not seeing it? Regardless, I don't know why we're arguing about the gender of the person playing Igor. Feels weird and unnecessary. Why not stick to criticizing how the role is being written/played instead?

Also, again, only watched a few clips from that video, but ugh—looks like the worst version yet to me. I'll wait until I see the full show in person to make any final judgements, but not remotely impressed with what I saw.
 
I was hoping this show was going to be better this year, but alas, it fell flat. I think casting made a big mis-step in their choice for Freakenstein. The role needs an actor that is energetic, flamboyant and over-the-top. The actor appeared uncomfortable with the material and gave a very stiff and wooden performance. I can’t tell if his lisp is real or its part of the role, but either way it was distracting as some of the dialog was inaudible. Igor on the other hand was perfect. Just the type of character one would expect. I know they try to be edgy with pop culture and current event jokes, but most felt forced and fell flat, even cringe worthy. The song choices were also odd as they were lacking in musicality and just did not seem to flow with the show. Several songs are completely forgettable. What is up with racoon/dog/wolf boy?? It is a raccoon, it is a dog, it is a wolf? Why does he have a collar with a dog tag? He has a racoon tail. It made no sense and even Freakenstein made a similar comment. Jael talents are completely wasted in this show. She is so much better than this material. I sincerely hope she was the swing and is not permanent to this show. I hope they move her to Monster Stomp where she would shine.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Timchat2
I see mixed reviews of this show, especially this year's iteration, but I have to admit, I went two weekends ago and it was the highlight of the evening for my wife and I. Yes, the jokes are stupid and the show very much is targeted to the Millennial/Gen-z TikTok generation, but it's a show that knows what it is and embraces the campiness 100%. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and I find that energy fun for a Halloween event.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad