Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 16, 2016
So based on some half thoughts in the concept think tank thread, I thought into putting my full thoughts into making a concept for a single Hamlet.

This is for taking Festia Italia and changing it to Roman SPQR.  The entire area would be based on the ancient Rome.

~Apollo's Chariot would stay the same with the que re-themed a bit to match the area.
~Tempesto could go one of two ways.  Everything the same can called "Brutus' Deception" or keep two cars forward, two backwards and name it "Janus Doorway".
~Roman Rapids could stay and be renamed (and themed) "Neptunes Revenge"
~If Roman Rapids were deemed a "sunk cost" ride, I think taking it out and foing something dueling like Battlestar Galactica and naming it "Remus and Romulus".  For those that don't know those are the twins who founded Rome.
~A dark ride interacitve ride, possibly named "The Legion" would be themed for being an archer in the Roman Empire and fighting to protecting the boarders.  Scenes take you from Western Europe to Africa to Western Asia.
~A Huss Giant Frisbee ride.

Keep a few games, toss most out or move to San Marco.  I feel like this creates an area that is a little more cohesive, fits between San Marco and Pompeii a little better.  Takes a single moment in history and creates a great area.  Also would create great "gate appeal" by having some things visible from the entry drive.

Reactions: Mushroom
warfelg said:
So based on some half thoughts in the concept think tank thread, I thought into putting my full thoughts into making a concept for a single Hamlet.

This is for taking Festia Italia and changing it to Roman SPQR.  The entire area would be based on the ancient Rome.

~Apollo's Chariot would stay the same with the que re-themed a bit to match the area.
~Tempesto could go one of two ways.  Everything the same can called "Brutus' Deception" or keep two cars forward, two backwards and name it "Janus Doorway".
~Roman Rapids could stay and be renamed (and themed) "Neptunes Revenge"
~If Roman Rapids were deemed a "sunk cost" ride, I think taking it out and foing something dueling like Battlestar Galactica and naming it "Remus and Romulus".  For those that don't know those are the twins who founded Rome.
~A dark ride interacitve ride, possibly named "The Legion" would be themed for being an archer in the Roman Empire and fighting to protecting the boarders.  Scenes take you from Western Europe to Africa to Western Asia.
~A Huss Giant Frisbee ride.

Keep a few games, toss most out or move to San Marco.  I feel like this creates an area that is a little more cohesive, fits between San Marco and Pompeii a little better.  Takes a single moment in history and creates a great area.  Also would create great "gate appeal" by having some things visible from the entry drive.
I like this idea, although I don't like the names "Brutus Deception" or "Janus Doorway", as I don't feel like they sound very exciting(as in, "Let's go ride Brutus' Deception").

Shane said:
warfelg said:

I think you mean queue... http://parkfans.net/thread-4420.html

There's a reason I'm a golf professional and not an english major. :p

swimmerboy29 said:
I like this idea, although I don't like the names "Brutus Deception" or "Janus Doorway", as I don't feel like they sound very exciting(as in, "Let's go ride Brutus' Deception").

I'm terrible with naming things. Maybe they could make it a Greek area and redo Italy all together to just be coastal Mediterranean. Monaco, Italy (San Marco), Athens (My Festa Italia concept). Play on words with Greek gods names.

I'd be all for breaking the entirety of Italy up into separate Mediterranean-based villages.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad