Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
In a bit of a strange move by the park, Pompeii has lost basically all of its outdoor theming. A few pictures can be seen here.

I'm pretty sure that it was all removed for Christmas Town. I bet determined that a lot of it was just to damaged or worn to put back out.

Remember the good ol' days when the park actually had themes that made sense? I miss those days...

The sundial looks nice but trading a ride's story for a flower bed is not my definition of an improvement. Honestly, what they've done to Pompeii is the equivalent to if Disney replaced Haunted Mansion's graveyard with a flower garden. Sure the inside and the building is still themed, but does it really matter when it's built in the middle of a garden?

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?!!? Wow. Just wow. Not impressed at all. I have a bit of an emotional attachment to this ride since it was my first job....makes me sad. I always spieled "and enjoy your tour of the ruins of Pompeii" to keep the theme.

J0E1 said:
Other than Verbolten, it seems like the park has been screwed up for 2012. Entwined, a SINGLE preshow in Darkastle, and now this--BGW, GET IT RIGHT!

Gee, I hate to badmouth (or in this case, bad-type) the park--but it has to be done!

Please read my post in the Entwined thread, I would also like to note is was a "DRESS REHEARSAL" not a full finished show. Also, when you make certain changes to a ride, whether adding new ones, revamping old ones, expect a few problems to tweak here and there, and finally, Pompeii isn't that bad, at least it isn't like that ugly Santa so out of theme. I would have much preferred a polar bear.

Reactions: netdvn and Mushroom
^Yeah, sorry. I can't judge Entwined yet...
Back on topic: ugh...

Swiftman said:
J0E1 said:
...a SINGLE preshow in Darkastle...

May I ask what you expected?

No, I just mean it was a terrible idea--I didn't expect a new room...

:exclamation: OFF TOPIC ALERT! :exclamation:

J0E1 said:
Swiftman said:
J0E1 said:
...a SINGLE preshow in Darkastle...

May I ask what you expected?

No, I just mean it was a terrible idea--I didn't expect a new room...

:exclamation: OFF TOPIC ALERT! :exclamation:

Terrible idea or not, it was how the ride was originally designed and fits into the theme nicely. It doesn't add a wait to the line and it gives you something to do while you are waiting to ride.

James said:
Isn't that the sun dial from RCT?

Ha! I didn't see that until just now. It definitely resembles that, doesn't it? That makes it even worse. That brilliantly disorganized clutter of tents, shovels, maps, tables, etc that they had in front of the ride was always the epitome of Busch Gardens' unique attention to detail to me- now reduced to a RCT sundial. This gets sadder the more I think about it...

Pompeii Photos was still closed this week (3/24/2012) as well. Was a bit strange not seeing the flash go off on that drop after all these years.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad