Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I wish they could have better voice actors, at least for Pellinore. Since they can't have the original actors, they should use the existing audio from the archival footage. According to one stage manager, that is where they got the music. I would be amazed if the park didn't have the audio itself archived somewhere.

Reactions: Zachary and Luke
CastleOSullivan said:
I wish they could have better voice actors, at least for Pellinore. Since they can't have the original actors, they should use the existing audio from the archival footage. According to one stage manager, that is where they got the music. I would be amazed if the park didn't have the audio itself archived somewhere.
Oh they do...

Is there a schedule for this show anywhere. We were there for two days over memorial day weekend and both days had a sign that said no shows today. Would like for my kids to get a chance to see this show.

Reactions: Zachary
Zimmy said:
they would likely have to find the actors and pay them some mechanical rights.
Both actors are dead now. That's why. The actors were Louis Arquette as Pelinore, and Don Messick as Elixir (also famous for several Hanna Barbera characters). Whoever did the current voice of Pelinore seemed to forget the English accent, and everything about the character.

Zimmy said:
Zimmy said:
they would likely have to find the actors and pay them some mechanical rights.
Or resurrect them from the dead...
original.gif

Reactions: Mushroom and Zimmy
VAman93 said:
Here's another good recording of the show. I like the actor who plays Northrup.

I am amazed at how many videos of ELAB are out there versus SOCO. Perhaps SOCO suffered from the advent of digital cameras. For about ten years most people stopped using video recorders altogether.

Reactions: Lord Robert
I liked his little joke at the end making fun of "American Jukebox". I did see a video from 1997, it's an okay show with good performances.

Oh my gosh I can't believe I forgot about this detail! In the video, the actor who plays Northrup is David John Madore who has become a song-writer and since married after he ended his Busch Gardens career. Their daughter Eliza in fact, was one of the original 4 Matilda's on Broadway when Matilda: The Musical first opened.

Isn't that awesome?

BGW Family said:
This would be interesting to see completed.
Enchanted Laboratory
Ask and ye shall receive!

A few years ago, I registered EnchantedLaboratory.com with the intention of creating a fan site / unofficial archive.

Life got in the way, but I am officially resuming the project.

[This post has been edited by an administrator. Feel free to contact me for more information. ~ Zachary]

EnchantedLab said:
Just uploaded a 1995 recording of the show.  Fun fact: yours truly braves the guillotine ...

I hope you learned your lesson!

Seriously though - I loved that show and always wanted to go on stage for it.  Jealous you got to have the experience!

One question though I've always wondered about - were you actually stuck in that thing?  Like, could you pull your hands out?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad