Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
Here is the Eagle's Nest Photo I mentioned. Chris, I know you and I must have been in the ball-pit at the same time. I may have been the little girl that threw a blue ball at you... it was probably around the same time since we are pretty close to the same age.

Also, I can remember running into Eagle's Next (all-super-excited) and falling and skinning the heck out of my right knee. I had to go to the 1st Aid station and in the end, they gave me a cool embroidered Loch Ness Patch which worked much better to stop my crying than any band aid.

Attachments

• Book Page 21.jpg
    Book Page 21.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 138
There is now a gate up to keep people out of the area Eagle's Nest used to be. Not sure why they would put a gate up here.

Attachments

• DSC_0036.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 130
Here are some pictures of the area, including a close up of the old painting.

Attachments

• IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 93
I know they plan on removing the family services house for sure; I heard some employees in the area talking about it... yay for overhearing. Anyway, that would free up a great deal of space including where Eagle's Nest was. I wonder if that may be a new area for a remake of the La Mans ride... but how they would theme it to Canada would be a mystery. Regardless... I still think there are plans for that area that we may hear about in the near future.

That little bit of info just made my day. I think we could be seeing an revamp of New France.

The Eagle's Nest area is now closed up.
According to Nora, they are closing the family services building.
The Canadian Palladium is empty this year.

To put that into perspective, all of this land is now unused (area in red):

Attachments

• 2010-04-08 16 46 24.png
    2010-04-08 16 46 24.png
    382.7 KB · Views: 76
It is an interesting concept to say the least. What to do with that area... boy. Do you make it part of France and expand - part of Germany, or even Switzerland.

Although, if you want the easiest fix to allow most of the buildings to stand, I would say Austria. The log cabins could be easily made to a small Alpine village. The Log Flume would have to change names - perhaps Der Wasserbahn or something. The covered bridge would be perfect for Austria - I saw tons that looked just like that when I traveled to Tirol. (The Alps in Austria are stunning and the towns are so remote and picturesque- I LOVED that trip!)

They have this dish in Austria called: Germknoodle... which is death by fluffy pastry swimming in butter with powdered sugar on top and tasted like a slice of fried gold. Oooooo - that would sell well here in the southern land of butter and fat.. mmmmm.. Germknoodle, how I love The.

Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germkn%C3%B6del to see and learn more about this artery clogging dish!

Regardless if they made the area part of France, Germany.. or another country like Austria... the La Mans remake (if they so choose) could be tied to the Grand Prix most European countries. Germany has the Nürburgring; a very long and amazing German Grand Prix Circuit that travels around Nürburg's village and medieval castle. That sounds interesting.

There is so much the park can do with the area; but it is my hope they decide to fix it up a bit and make it a bit more "European".

What about anyone else? Thoughts? Ideas?

I donot think they are going to but the la mans cars back there I have heard they have sold the cars off to another company.. also I have heard about the building being removed I asked about this and was told that they are going to replace with another one that is wheelchair accessable. and was at the park sat june 5 they have a new country show at the Canadian Palladium, didnot like. Also donot forget that the train station is located beside the old park area and behind the baby rest area. lots of foot traffic goes through that spot.

i can think of a real good reason as to why they closed that area- horny teenagers. i can't tell you how often i've seen people making out in that area haha

James said:
i can think of a real good reason as to why they closed that area- horny teenagers. i can't tell you how often i've seen people making out in that area haha
Yeah, John Reilly actually told one of our members that they closed it off during HOS last year because teens would find that quiet dark spot and make out. I believe it's been opened back up at this point although the last I heard it was open was prior to Illuminights, so it could very well be closed off again.

Yeah, John Reilly actually told one of our members that they closed it off during HOS last year because teens would find that quiet dark spot and make out. I believe it's been opened back up at this point although the last I heard it was open was prior to Illuminights, so it could very well be closed off again.
I went by there a couple of weeks ago and it was closed off.

[Fixed your quote. ~Swiftman]

Found these two pictures of the ball pit in the Eagles nest taken in the early 1980's

Attachments

• BG BALL PIT.jpg
    BG BALL PIT.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • BG Ball Pit 2.jpg
    BG Ball Pit 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Chris said:
James said:

I would imagine so...i went back there one time during the day and it is pretty secluded.

If nothing else, I wish they'd make that the smoking area in that part of the park. It's close enough to the existing area, and the poor women wouldn't have to wade through the smoke the get to the ladies room any more.

Shafor said:
If nothing else, I wish they'd make that the smoking area in that part of the park. It's close enough to the existing area, and the poor women wouldn't have to wade through the smoke the get to the ladies room any more.

Ha Ha! They have indeed done this. Victory is mine!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad