Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
The packaging line was always the most interesting for me. Then there was the section that was very cold and you could look down each way in the cold cellars and see the huge stainless steel tanks.

Reactions: Lord Robert
Zachary inspired me to note a video from 1997 by the same chap that I linked to in the Heatherdowns thread. I didn't really think anything significant of it at the time. But, it does have audio and a POV of the monorail if no one has seen the video yet.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks so much for this video! It brought back many wonderful memories of my visits to BGW! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jornor
I can not confirm that their ID processing was not necessarily complete...
I cannot not confirm that either. I just remember we'd always go with multiple hats, a jacket, a sweatshirt, etc. because of the 2 sample limit. And I remember it having gone on a lot longer than the few months between my birthday and graduation 😆

• Haha
Reactions: K8theGr8
I cannot not confirm that either. I just remember we'd always go with multiple hats, a jacket, a sweatshirt, etc. because of the 2 sample limit. And I remember it having gone on a lot longer than the few months between my birthday and graduation 😆
My husband has told me stories of how he and his brother would get the 2 samples and then switch shirts and go for more. They got snagged once, but the guy checking allowed them in and (as I've heard this story countless times) he said to them "You guys are slick" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: K8theGr8
Went with my uncle and cousin one time, we got stuck at brewery due to lightening. Sadly I was underage and couldn't drink!

I figure this is as good of place as any to ask. If there is a thread on this let me know. The monorail that went to the Brewery and you could do a walk through tour of it closed in the late 90s, and it had like a restaurant and gift shop in the brewery for Tastings and another place to eat. I know the Brewery is not open to the public but for anyone that has been there does not area in the brewery building still exist?

Does anyone have any pics of it past or present?

This was like the go to place besides the Festhaus to go get food when I was a kid and used to go to Busch Gardens. It was my hope to celebrate my 21st there because it was such a fond memory for me going there with my family and sad when I saw it was closed.

We took a brewery tour 2 years ago and didnt see any parts of the old tour or the area where the tastings and food was. I used to love riding over and getting a pizza and cheesecake from that little food location in the corner right inder the monorail then going outside in that tiny brick patio area and eating.

We took a brewery tour 2 years ago and didnt see any parts of the old tour or the area where the tastings and food was. I used to love riding over and getting a pizza and cheesecake from that little food location in the corner right inder the monorail then going outside in that tiny brick patio area and eating.
I always seem to recall really fantastic Foot Long Chili Dogs and even though kids dont have beer, they had some non-alcoholic Seltzer things then too

Reactions: Mwe BGW
I figure this is as good of place as any to ask. If there is a thread on this let me know. The monorail that went to the Brewery and you could do a walk through tour of it closed in the late 90s, and it had like a restaurant and gift shop in the brewery for Tastings and another place to eat. I know the Brewery is not open to the public but for anyone that has been there does not area in the brewery building still exist?

Does anyone have any pics of it past or present?

This was like the go to place besides the Festhaus to go get food when I was a kid and used to go to Busch Gardens. It was my hope to celebrate my 21st there because it was such a fond memory for me going there with my family and sad when I saw it was closed.
Not photos, but I remember seeing a video posted months ago.

We had many samples there and bought a ton of souvenirs in that gift shop. To this day, I still have a bud light magnet on the side of my fridge that was purchased in that gift shop at least 30 years ago!

If you go in the brewery you can still see a few parts that used to be part of the tour. I loved going there as a kid and sitting in the brick courtyard or watching the videos of BGT in the gift shop. I dreamt of going there. My parents sometimes bought us eagle snacks while they had their samples.

As I understand it the tour ended because of a brewery expansion. I worked there for a short time and loved every second of it.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad