Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Hope they serve both the regular and swirl.

IMG_20160912_193138-500x500.jpg

Zimmy said:
Kyle said:
This makes me so happy since I just moved back from Hawaii! My life is complete!

I love the original Dole Whip and other baked goods at the Dole Plantation.  I used to stop there on my way to the shrimp truck when I went to HI for business.
I really think shrimp truck style food would be amazing for F&WF, and any of the Dole baked goods/macadamia nuts of course!

I really hope they utilize it for Food & Wine Festival maybe by moving the Hawaii booth over there and offering floaters of Macadamia Nut rum/liqueur (ok, so that's a straight copy of Epcot's Flower & garden festival menu but I wouldn't complain)

Reactions: jornor and Kyle
Zimmy said:
Kyle said:
This makes me so happy since I just moved back from Hawaii! My life is complete!

I love the original Dole Whip and other baked goods at the Dole Plantation.  I used to stop there on my way to the shrimp truck when I went to HI for business.

This is cool.

I'm going to HI for the first time this summer.

Edit: that was off-topic so... Dole Whips are... *thinking*... I have not had this product so perhaps I will experience it for the first time at the park. It better live up to the reputation you guys have set or ELSE.

Reactions: BBW
I have to say that i was disappointed with this treat. Maybe i am not remembering correctly, but the dole whip here does not seem the same as at disneyworld. This tastes like frozen pineapple juice. I thought they disneyworld one was more like pineapple ice cream. Again, i might not be remembering right.

I tried the Dole whip last night and it definitely seems a little more icy than the WDW Dole whip, but that could be because the WDW Dole whips are served outdoors in the Florida heat so they are a bit wetter versus being served indoors at Roman Frieze. Having had an Adventureland Dole whip as recently as August, the taste seemed almost identical to me.

The Dole Whip at WDW actually varies from location to location, in my experience. In Adventureland it is paler and creamier than Animal Kingdom and the Polynesian Resort. Both KD's and BGW's are similar to the Dole Whip at the Polynesian.

Unagi said:

I want to say that I was expecting something like the picture on the left. I think it looked more like the pineapple side of right side picture. It was refreshing, just not what I was expecting. It will probably be very nice on a hot day.

Reactions: jornor and Zachary
jpcommons said:
Unagi said:

I want to say that I was expecting something like the picture on the left.  I think it looked more like the pineapple side of right side picture.  It was refreshing, just not what I was expecting.  It will probably be very nice on a hot day.
Now that I've finally had it myself, I can confirm that the version the park is using is identical to the original Dole Plantation recipe/mix. Very delicious, and brings back good memories of living in Hawaii! When I got mine, it looked like the left side of the photo shown above by Unagi, which is the original. Truthfully, I was very impressed to find it was the original plantation version, but very happy nonetheless! Enjoy everyone! Hopefully it's here to stay!

Attachments

• IMG_3569.JPG
    IMG_3569.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Your picture looks different than what I got.  I was hoping for something like what you got.  Is it possible they have both versions?  One being the fruitier no cream version and one being a more ice creamy version.  Maybe I just ordered wrong.

Reactions: jornor
The $3+ markup over DIS is a bit greedy all things considering even considering how aggressive DIS on their pricing.

I get the fact that you get a Pineapple and more than at DIS, but still. You are paying for the pineapple more or less than the end product. $3+ doesn't justify the means to an end here if all you want is the soft serve and could care less around the pineapple.

$7+ are BGW beer prices and I for one take issue at that($5 if you have the stein).

They need to offer this in the cups similar to DIS and it would be a mint. I was just at DIS and it was nothing short of a 15+ min wait just to get to the counter at Aloha Isle to order and another 5+ just to get your order.

Otherwise I for one for will skip it and wait as I have for many years for my next trip to DIS and visit MK or Poly and get it.

acrossdapark said:
The $3+ markup over DIS is a bit greedy all things considering even considering how aggressive DIS on their pricing.

I get the fact that you get a Pineapple and more than at DIS, but still. You are paying for the pineapple more or less than the end product. $3+ doesn't justify the means to an end here if all you want is the soft serve and could care less around the pineapple.

$7+ are BGW beer prices and I for one take issue at that($5 if you have the stein).

They need to offer this in the cups similar to DIS and it would be a mint. I was just at DIS and it was nothing short of a 15+ min wait just to get to the counter at Aloha Isle to order and another 5+ just to get your order.

Otherwise I for one for will skip it and wait as I have for many years for my next trip to DIS and visit MK or Poly and get it.

When I visited last week I asked the cashier if you could get it without the pineapple and she said yes in a cup or cone. Asked how much they were and she just said it's cheaper but didn't give a price. I would have ordered one to find out but it was 15 minutes before closing and it was 40 degrees outside.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad