Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 22, 2010
We are in the phases now of planning our August 2011 Florida trip. We are going again in December when the prices are half of what they are now. Traditionally in the past six years every one of our December trips have had an average high temperature of ~45*.

Have any of your fanbois on here been to Discovery Cove yet or happen to know exactly what the platinum discount is? It seems everything I come across on the interwebz is very skewed on the price. Any do's or don'ts involved with it?

I have yet to do this with going to Florida 3-4 times a year and I am personally stoked to be finally visiting!

Have not been to discovery cove, but i distinctly remember hearing some people feeling a little gipped over the dolphin swim. The dolphin swim is only about half an hour long and I've heard it said that it feels more like a photo-op than a real interaction with the dolphins. But like i said it's not my personal experience. I think that you can find a better deal on a dolphin swim closer to the coasts. My aunt went and said she had an overall good time.

Also I'm pretty sure you'll get somewhere around a 10% discount, or $20 considering the ticket price is hovering around $200. Here's a good post I found about it. Notice the online promo code:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2681379

ScoutN said:
We are in the phases now of planning our August 2011 Florida trip. We are going again in December when the prices are half of what they are now. Traditionally in the past six years every one of our December trips have had an average high temperature of ~45*.

Have any of your fanbois on here been to Discovery Cove yet or happen to know exactly what the platinum discount is? It seems everything I come across on the interwebz is very skewed on the price. Any do's or don'ts involved with it?

I have yet to do this with going to Florida 3-4 times a year and I am personally stoked to be finally visiting!

Call the park at 1-877-557-7404 to check the rates. It really depends on the day of the week you go. Usually the prices with discount start at $199. Have your Platinum Pass on hand when you call. They may ask for the pass number on the back. They'll check your account and give you the exact discount you can get.

Will do, Unagi. Thanks.

Pandora, I have heard that about the photo op a TON in the past day or so. That really has me reconsidering. Im not trying to fork out a lot of dollars and barely have any time.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad