Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
[split] Old Park Attractions

Chris said:
Anyone remember the spider that used to be in Oktoberfest? What was it named? I always called it the spider, but I'm sure it had some German themed name.

Here's a picture:

It was where Katapult is now.

Dug up this old thread, because I was thinking this morning about some of my fun (early) teenaged memories of the park. I distinctly recall going with my best friend and waiting outside the gates for Octoberfest. As soon as they opened, we would sprint for the Spider, because we loved the ride and the line was impossibly slow and long.

One particular instance sticks out in my mind. I was in my 17th Street Surf Shop shirt and feeling super-cool. The ride operator asked how many in our group and I held up two fingers, because...well... that's so much cooler than actually talking, right? (Tween logic) He apparently thought I had flicked him off and decided to retaliate by making the ride rougher. It was the best Spider ride ever. Super-fast and spinny.

I miss the Spider, but not the queue.

RE: Old Park Attractions

My mom went there the day it opened, and said it was much faster. After the first week or so, they toned it down because employees had to keep cleaning up after people that got sick.

Reactions: Nicole

CastleOSullivan said:
My mom went there the day it opened, and said it was much faster. After the first week or so, they toned it down because employees had to keep cleaning up after people that got sick.

Another ride that would have benefited from a Wild vs Mild option. Of course the queue would have been doubly-bad.

Nic said:
One particular instance sticks out in my mind. I was in my 17th Street Surf Shop shirt and feeling super-cool. The ride operator asked how many in our group and I held up two fingers, because...well... that's so much cooler than actually talking, right? (Tween logic) He apparently thought I had flicked him off and decided to retaliate by making the ride rougher. It was the best Spider ride ever. Super-fast and spinny.

You hear that guys? Maybe if we all stick our tongues out at the Darkastle attendants, they'll make it spin faster!! :cool:

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad