Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest X-Pert
Jul 26, 2014
Thought I would create a funny rumor thread similar to the BGW one. What are some of the craziest rumors you’ve heard about Kings Dominion?

The time shaft, haunted river, and Smurfs were still in the mountain when they tore down Volcano.

• Haha
Reactions: mtorange
And some of those are just common knowledge. And I wouldn't say that maintenance going out and tapping down nails every morning is shoddy maintenance. In fact I'd say that's good maintenance. Nails are going to get loose on wooden coasters. It would be shoddy maintenance is they didn't go and do that regularly. The same thing with the bolts. From what I understand that is not uncommon with wooden coasters.

King Kobra came out because it killed people.

I can’t even remember how many times I heard that one.

And some of those are just common knowledge. And I wouldn't say that maintenance going out and tapping down nails every morning is shoddy maintenance. In fact I'd say that's good maintenance. Nails are going to get loose on wooden coasters. It would be shoddy maintenance is they didn't go and do that regularly. The same thing with the bolts. From what I understand that is not uncommon with wooden coasters.

Well why I think it’s funny that some fit in is people assume that means “unsafe”. And here you got an employee saying it means the ride is falling apart.

I’m kinda interested to know if employees of other parks have had this:
So I worked at Lake Compounce one summer (after year 1 of college I wanted to spend a summer where I was born) and as part of my training, we spent a morning with maintenance learning what they do to care for the rides so when asked “how safe” we could be confident in our answer. Anyone else do this at another park?

Reactions: BGWnut
I heard this one the other day:

They got rid of BWB because too many people were having sex in it and the new water playground is dedicated to kids conceived in the wave pool.

That they will be giving really night sticks and helmets to the guards in the yard and lockdown so that they can assist security it the event of fights/riots.

I heard this one the other day:

They got rid of BWB because too many people were having sex in it and the new water playground is dedicated to kids conceived in the wave pool.

Truth...... worked BWB back in the 90s and I was on the stand and saw people having sex and I was like WTF. The stuff I saw and found in BWB is why I don't swim in wave pools to this day.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad