COVID-19 & Coasters: Coronavirus Impacts on the Amusement Industry

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 16, 2016
But surprised. Despite tending down still, we share boarders with three state trending upwards. One of them over 50% iirc.

Reactions: Zachary

Dombot

woo yeah woohoo yeah yeah
Mar 30, 2020
Atlanta
All I can say to this is WTF?

Once again, Disney's ahead of the game when it comes to amusement technology

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: bill s and Joe
Nov 30, 2018

If it blocks spit it's not a bad idea. Big thing is the change in aerodynamics from the increased drag on a train has to be modeled.

Mar 18, 2017
It is a good question, if rides are fairly safe or if they are giant infection machines. If the latter, then it has always been true. I submit that I am sick mostly the months the parks are closed.

The safest solution is single car rides, like Alpine coasters, but this is limiting, and still people near it could be a problem.

Feb 3, 2019
I'm surprised at the number of people who must have several advanced degrees, including law, medicine, business, and public policy! I've only managed one master's, myself.
And yet somehow your posts almost always seem to be better composed and more refined than many of these expert posts. I wonder how that works..

• Haha
Reactions: Nicole
Mar 18, 2017

As a technique for making masks look good, it is genius.

Sep 3, 2019

Wonder what that does to the drag and resulting speed of the ride.

fewer riders -> less mass
Plastic shields -> higher drag coefficient

Apr 16, 2017
Just sayin' adding a plastic barrier isn't really distancing just blocking.

Nov 24, 2009
So a couple things basted on the last couple posts, first off if a person sneezes or coughs the partickes arent absorbed by that shield. In fact they will go aitborne and with just the motion of the vehicle right into the face of the person behind them. Second plastic surfaces like that willbe easily screatched and eith excessive wiping it wont take long before you wont be abpe to see anything.

Reactions: Nibbins
Feb 14, 2019
Good points - with the atrocious behavior in some guests to scratch and deface anything they can, wouldn't be too surprised if that happens. Even if they could get banned from the park, the park should have to repair/replace every time.

Feb 14, 2019
It's a good point from the maintenance aspect, but I guess the real question is if it's effective enough to be a realistic option, also considering the expense of retrofitting rides and the inherent decrease of the general experience (wind in face will probably be almost non-existent)

Apr 16, 2017
Second plastic surfaces like that willbe easily screatched and eith excessive wiping it wont take long before you wont be abpe to see anything.
Not all plastic surfaces are easily scratched. Do you know which particular plastic they are using? Maybe it is one that has a higher degree on the Mohs Scale?

Also, why do you need to see anything? Doesn't being in darkness, not seeing anything add to the thrilling sensation of rides in general?

Sep 3, 2019
Soo... with daily COVID cases in Florida getting close to double the number of the original peak, at what point do you think their Parks will have to shut down again?

Apparently several restaurants in Florida had to shut back down this week because a large number of their staff got infected with COVID after the state removed some of the restrictions.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: belsaas and Mamunia
Login or Register to Hide This Ad