Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Disney closed "until further notice"...

Reactions: Zachary
I really think that most of these companies are targeting opening by memorial day. That would be beyond the current 8 week guideline from the CDC. Personally I hope that is the time frame we are looking it.

Reactions: wombat96
If you had a package booked though and you rebook you get get a good deal with the free dining. Its a TA nightmare though as it all has to be done on the phone.

The worst part is they're not going to pay those furloughed - "The furloughed employees will not receive compensation from the company during the furlough period after March 31, 2020”

Just a note on the furloughed thing. I’m 99% sure the CARE Bill allows furloughed employees to collect unemployment while SEAS still pays their benefits and holds the position for them when they come back. So with that in place being furloughed is a win-win for the employee.

Just a note on the furloughed thing. I’m 99% sure the CARE Bill allows furloughed employees to collect unemployment while SEAS still pays their benefits and holds the position for them when they come back. So with that in place being furloughed is a win-win for the employee.

The filing says as much.

The filing says as much.

Yea so then we shouldnt be sad about the furloughing of employees. BGW actually give them a really nice golden parachute. I imagine it was part time people that were laid off. This is how a cash strapped company can save in times like this and not lose their workforce.

Reactions: ..…
According to the letter sent out to "Ambassadors" - "Your active employee benefits will end March 31, 2020; however you will be eligible to elect to continue your health care benefits under COBRA."

The next paragraph - "While this letter does not create an employment contract or guarantee future employment we plan to return Ambassadors when operations can resume, and you are eligible to be recalled during this temporary furlough as conditions and business needs change"

So you're correct in regards to unemployment payment but SEAS specifically stated by benefits. Further, they added a caveat that doesn't necessarily guarantee they'll get called back.

I really think that most of these companies are targeting opening by memorial day. That would be beyond the current 8 week guideline from the CDC. Personally I hope that is the time frame we are looking it.

I think most the parks see Memorial Day as an absolute best case scenario which is why you are seeing furloughs instead of keeping employees on through that period and using the stimulus bill provisions to help pay them.

With the upticks in cases that are happening in countries that have managed the pandemic pretty well thus far (e.g. Japan and Singapore), it's not looking promising for when this is manageable enough for parks to re-open. My guess is the companies are conserving cash and battering down for the long haul, and if things improve enough, then they'll make moves towards getting the parks in shape for re-opening.

Reactions: Ziva
According to the letter sent out to "Ambassadors" - "Your active employee benefits will end March 31, 2020; however you will be eligible to elect to continue your health care benefits under COBRA."

The next paragraph - "While this letter does not create an employment contract or guarantee future employment we plan to return Ambassadors when operations can resume, and you are eligible to be recalled during this temporary furlough as conditions and business needs change"

So you're correct in regards to unemployment payment but SEAS specifically stated by benefits. Further, they added a caveat that doesn't necessarily guarantee they'll get called back.

If the employees are getting COBRA, SEAS is almost certainly not paying a portion of that. COBRA is typically paid 100% by the individual unless stated otherwise in an employment contract for severance.

If the employees are getting COBRA, SEAS is almost certainly not paying a portion of that. COBRA is typically paid 100% by the individual unless stated otherwise in an employment contract for severance.
Yes, I'm aware. I didn't state SEAS would pay as indicated in their letter to employees. I also had posted earlier that they do qualify for Obamacare in that they've lost their health coverage. Probably a cheaper alternative

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad