Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Better tip: don't get the chicken tenders, you're at Country Kitchen! Be sure to get the cole slaw, best thing in the park (relative to other cole slaw, it's not a funnel cake!). I had BGW slaw recently and it wasn't even close.

Reactions: jornor
Here's the menu for Country Kitchen

One change I noticed was that chicken tenders are still there but no longer covered by the dining plan. So if you really want those on the dining plan that means a walk over to Boardwalk Fries near the theater and Skyflyer.

Attachments

• Country_Kitchen.jpg
    Country_Kitchen.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 29
Not a big fan. This is my least favorite eatery in the park so far. Wayside Grill has similar offerings and the food is fast and superb.

I had the new pot roast at Country Kitchen and it's absolutely superb. It's a massive serving of a heaping mound of slow-cooked beef. It was perfectly cooked and seasoned, with a pull-apart texture and rich, home-cooked taste. My only complaint is that it was a bit cold when I ate it. However, when paired with a few scoops of veggies and a biscuit, it legitimately tasted like a homemade meal. Definitely one of my new favorite meals at the park.

Joe said:
I had the new pot roast at Country Kitchen and it's absolutely superb. It's a massive serving of a heaping mound of slow-cooked beef. It was perfectly cooked and seasoned, with a pull-apart texture and rich, home-cooked taste. My only complaint is that it was a bit cold when I ate it. However, when paired with a few scoops of veggies and a biscuit, it legitimately tasted like a homemade meal. Definitely one of my new favorite meals at the park.

I had the Pot Roast yesterday as well, and I was pretty good and was hot too. The only thing I don't like about Country Kitchen is that the green beans soak in a bunch of water and are mushy, but if that's the biggest problem then life is good.

WTF?

No BBQ?

I did eat the roast chicken last day of last year, first time for years I got it fresh and early, absolutely amazing. Late day though the chicken is dried out and BBQ with their fantastic coleslaw (which I haven't seen yet this year) is excellent. Was. Wayside Grill serving mashed potatoes yet???

^^-- yeah, more than that it seems like they're trying to make sure no restaurant hogs all the glory ... even if it means CK doesn't get any hog.

I only had a quick conversation with them they said they had planned to try it in the coming weeks to see if it was as good as country kitchen. IDK if they have got around to trying it yet.

Reactions: Nicole
Nicole said:
How do they feel about the BBQ at Wayside?

We ate the BBQ at the Wayside last weekend. It is absolutely amazing. Our previous trips to CK resulted in similar experiences others have noted already. Beans swimming in water and dried out food. It didn’t look very apatizing. We’ll be using our dining plans at Wayside from now on.

We wanted to try the Country Kitchen since its been a while since dining there. I have to say this was the hands down worst theme park dining experience ever. Both food and service were horrible. The line was short and we only waited about 7 minutes to place our order. We had 3 adults in our group one being a 18 year old. We all wanted the 2 piece chicken dinner but decided to get the Family Dinner because it appeared we would get two more pieces of chicken for slightly less price. When we told the girl what we wanted to order she just stared at us like she had no idea what we were asking for, we had to repeat it. She then looked at the older woman serving like it was a bother for what we ordered. She reached under the counter and brought out a square white plate which I thought was a nice touch to have. We really weren't paying attention to her picking out the chicken because were were trying to figure out what the choices of sides were. I then looked at the plate of chicken and from a distance and it looked greasy. We waited a good 5 minutes while they were refilling the mashed potatoes out of a plastic bag through the square hole in the wall, the Mac and cheese and the green beans. She (now the second person taking our order)then comes back and asked what two sides we wanted. Im not sure if this is the normal servings but we received came in small black bowls. So we ended up with two small bowls of mac and cheese and two of mashed potatoes. She also gave us two of gravy. After watching people in front of us and those ordering after us we would have been way better ordering 3 separate 2 piece meals. They on each platter received what appeared to be a larger portion of sides than we did for the "family dinner" so im not sure how many the "Family Dinner" was meant to feed. The girl at the register gave the impression she didn't want to work today, when I asked about the drinks (we have the season long drink plan attached to our passes) she just said you have to get those over there. We had to go back and wait again to get our three cups. We assumed they had the cups at the register like most other dining locations in the park, but nope. She rang us up and gave us the total cost, I was holding my annual pass up so she could scan it but she never did. I asked "do we get a pass discount here" she kinda sighed and then punched what seemed like every button on the screen. As we walked upstairs to sit down the line was now way out the door. That was not the worst part, the chicken was HORRIBLE. We have had the chicken here before and it was very good. This day it was way overcooked, greasy and the pieces of the chicken were tiny, in fact the chicken legs looked like drummets that you would serve at a superbowl party. The wings were pitiful, and the thighs small as well. There was no meat on the wings, they were burnt to a crisp, I literally could find no meat on either of the ones we had. The legs had one tiny piece of meat about the size of a quarter that was edible and the rest was batter and too hard to eat. We were about halfway through picking at what little chicken we had (and joking about them eating better on one of those survival tv shows) we saw someone sit down with a biscuit. We realized we never got biscuits with our dinner as it said on the sign it included 4. I went back again and stood there forever before I could get the older woman working attention. I told her we didn't get biscuits. She never said anything just picked up 4 biscuits and handed them across the counter, no plate no nothing. I asked if I could get a plate to carry them upstairs where we were eating so she held them against her apron with one hand while leaning over and digging out another white square plate from under the counter. Again, this was the worst food in a theme park I have ever received.

Reactions: jeffh
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad