Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I have given some thought to how to increase the Christmas Town event space and open up more area.

One idea I have had would be to take the park area behind October Fest and turn that into a Christmas themed area.  I could see putting in reindeer in a pen for the event.  I can remember as a child we would go into DC every year to see the national Christmas tree and for many years the National Zoo had a small pen a reindeer that they hosted right there on the mall it was one of my favorite parts of going.  I would also think that maybe there might be away to use one of the Dracon fire buildings for the Penguins sob that they could be brought back.  Maybe even in a few years have a carriage that the Clydesdales could pull as and up charge for rides.

They could also move the Mistletoe Market place there to add to the Christmas Village feel.  They could even use a decorated path fallowing the same route that they used at first for Lumber Hack's quee so as to have 1 way only traffic and keep things from getting to congested.  This of course also frees up DarkKastle to be used as a ride.  For the path around maybe have Christmas trees decorated up to represent each of the different European countries.  This again is an idea from my childhood trips to see the national Christmas Tree as they have 50 small trees decorated up to represent each stated on the path around the big national one.  Maybe they could also have a pit with a burning Yule Log.

A Rudolph-themed village with live reindeer located in Festhaus Park was conceptualized inside the park years ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see it come to fruition one day. I think it would be a massive hit. Imagine if it were also served by a Festhaus Park train station as part of a fully themed Christmas Town train overlay... Ah, all the lost concepts...

Anyway, I really like the idea of moving Mistletoe Marketplace back there as well- maybe even on the path back to Festhaus Park? Oktoberfest is really starting to become a massive choke-point on busy nights and a relocation of the marketplace would help exponentially.

They also thought about utilizing the Clydesdales for a sleigh ride. They decided that will not happen. Also, Bitten can't be used unless they gut out the entire building. It is built differently from the portable houses.

I think Zachary is right on the money about the German train station. If that was built, I'm sure this would have happened already.

I hate to sound like I'm ruling out every idea listed above. I like the ideas, but I think it's also helpful to know what we won't get. That could help us narrow down the other possibilities.

CastleOSullivan said:
They also thought about utilizing the Clydesdales for a sleigh ride. They decided that will not happen. Also, Bitten can't be used unless they gut out the entire building. It is built differently from the portable houses.

I think Zachary is right on the money about the German train station. If that was built, I'm sure this would have happened already.

I hate to sound like I'm ruling out every idea listed above. I like the ideas, but I think it's also helpful to know what we won't get. That could help us narrow down the other possibilities.
I am curious about why they decided against the Clydesdale do you know any details that you can share?

I was actually thinking off the other building there but have no idea about it so maybe that would not work either.

Most all of the original forward-looking Highland Stables renovation plans fell apart after the place was releaunched in 2010. Don't know of a specific reason as to why though.

Scheduled sheep herding demonstrations, "sleigh" rides for CT, and hay rides for HOS all never came to fruition as promised.

Zachary said:
A Rudolph-themed village with live reindeer located in Festhaus Park was conceptualized inside the park years ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see it come to fruition one day. I think it would be a massive hit. Imagine if it were also served by a Festhaus Park train station as part of a fully themed Christmas Town train overlay... Ah, all the lost concepts...

Anyway, I really like the idea of moving Mistletoe Marketplace back there as well- maybe even on the path back to Festhaus Park? Oktoberfest is really starting to become a massive choke-point on busy nights and a relocation of the marketplace would help exponentially.

its illegal 2 import reindeer to va, but the park does have rights to the classic rudolf the red nosed reindeer and plns to use them next yr.

bgbackdoor said:
its illegal 2 import reindeer to va

Any idea if the same is true for caribou? I assume it's not? BGW at one time had dreams of bringing in caribou permanently for New France. I'm sure they anticipated using North American caribou for the Rudolph area instead of proper Eurasian reindeer as well.

I tried to research it all I can find is a law from 2009 on restrictions in importing reindeer but nothing on an out right ban. But as I said that from 2009 so there might be something newer that I couldn't find. From what I could see they are mainly concerned with them bring in disease that the local deer can catch. So health check and cert.

I wasn't aware that Bitten was constructed as a permanent maze inside. That would explain why it hasn't been changes in so long.

I love these ideas. I would love to see them implemented one day!

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
horsesboy said:
I tried to research it all I can find is a law from 2009 on restrictions in importing  reindeer but nothing on an out right ban.  But as I said that from 2009 so there might be something newer that I couldn't find.  From what I could see they are mainly concerned with them bring in disease that the local deer can catch.  So health check and cert.

considering diseases the reverse could as well be true

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad