Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Christmas Town

Wolfpack017 said:
I went to the season pass holder's weekend 3 or 4 years ago on a cold cold day and it happened to be lightly snowing for an hour or so that morning. It was so cold in fact that Loch Ness was the only coaster that could run until around noon. Let me tell you, it is FUN riding a coaster while its snowing but it STINGS!!!

Im really looking forward to getting to experience the park during winter rather than right at the end of it.

I've been on Apollo's in the snow. It was a preview day as well a few years back. It's an awesome memory. Actually started snowing harder at the top of the lift hill---imagine that!

Jessica

I haven't heard anything about it, so I'm going to post it here. Behind the Thrills did a show live from the park yesterday and Christmas Town came up. They were told that there would be PENGUINS at the park in the form of a walk-though attraction in France, and it WILL BE SNOWING...

Source: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/BehindTheThrills (#53)

Swiftman said:
I haven't heard anything about it, so I'm going to post it here. Behind the Thrills did a show live from the park yesterday and Christmas Town came up. They were told that there would be PENGUINS at the park in the form of a walk-though attraction in France, and it WILL BE SNOWING...

Source: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/BehindTheThrills (#53)

Yeah, France is supposedly going to be a more modern themed area and the penguins will indeed be there, not sure exactly where, perhaps the backstage of the Royal Palace Theater will be transformed from Catacombs to a walkthrough with penguins.

Here are some pictures I took on Friday of Christmas Town work going on at the park:

I can't confirm that this fence will be used for Christmas Town, but it's screwed into the sidewalk so I doubt it's going anywhere prior to Xmas Town.:

Attachments

• IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    994.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    794.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0733.JPG
    IMG_0733.JPG
    808.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

Thanks for the pics. Looks like it's going to be a fairly smooth transition after next weekend. I hope we might be able to make it up for one of the weekends. We have one free weekend, so let's hope we have the money. :)

Can't wait I'll be there this coming weekend and then I'll be there for the first Sat. It should be interesting to see how much they do. I'm sure it will be amazing. I don't think that I've ever really seen them do anything half-hearted. So it should be pretty good. Heard that their really doing this to kind of make up for the loss of Coleman's Nursery in Churchland several years ago.

(I fixed your spelling for you -Swiftman :cool: )

It will be nice to see Busch all decored for Christmas, but I can see it being renamed in 2010 if they have it again to Holiday Town or something like that..

Wings said:
It will be nice to see Busch all decored for Christmas, but I can see it being renamed in 2010 if they have it again to Holiday Town or something like that..

Yeah, they may go for a term that could appeal to more people. Nobody that celebrates Christmas would take issue with Holiday Town (or something similar), but some that don't celebrate Christmas might take issue with the event being named Christmas Town, they may feel like it's not for them to go to.

Chris said:
Wings said:

Yeah, they may go for a term that could appeal to more people. Nobody that celebrates Christmas would take issue with Holiday Town (or something similar), but some that don't celebrate Christmas might take issue with the event being named Christmas Town, they may feel like it's not for them to go to.

The only thing with changing it to "Holiday Town" is that the whole concept is celebrating traditions of the countries they are representing. And these countries are European Anglo countries. I could see that working as a concept in BGT, but not BGW.

Hey, I wonder.

I had written several emails way back (about two years ago) about keeping Busch open for Christmas and having a Dickens Style X-mas theme with carolers, Christmas shows, hot cider, egg nog, gifts and candies, with weather savvy rides being open for guests. I also said how cool it would be to have "Christmas through the Countries" (my naming of the idea) like Kris Kringle in Germany, lights strung on rides and all over the park, wreaths and garland everywhere and even a snow machine. I told them people are starved for entertainment in the Holiday Season. Although, the only difference from my letter to what Christmas Town became is I mentioned to stay open New Years and have a New Years Celebration. My concept came from Colonial Williamsburg's Illumination and how crowded the darn thing is every year. I figured, why couldn't Busch Gardens cash in on the Holiday Celebration _ and of course, from selfish reasons....lengthening my park time.

I DID NOT mention that they should charge Season Pass Holders for tickets -just so you know. About two years ago is when I started giving them concepts about Greece.

Then, I do remember getting a phone call from BG about six months after my first e-mailed letter about "Christmas Operating Hours" and a PR person said they would forward my idea along and up the chain. Then, last night I got thinking, I went to dig around in my file cabinet to look for a letter. It was signed by Mark Pauls, the VP of Park Operations and it said we thank you for your suggestions and will be taking concepts into consideration back in 2008. Regardless of whether or not they really used my ideas for anything, that letter was darn cool. It was having tangible proof that someone cared and actually read a letter of mine.

Well, if my ideas did help the park in some way put this together... that would be so awesome. I sure hope it isn't a flop if they did get inspiration from my letter... that would make me sad indeed. And yes, quite embarrassed. I did appreciate the fact that Busch Gardens not only called to thank me for the suggestions, but also sent me a signed letter. I have not had one response other than prefab response emails from the park since InBev took over. I wonder if this is a new policy?

About the Wolves, I think I can get some more info. Look for an update.

Anyway... here is an idea! :idea: How about we try to gather a group together to meet on a particular day at BG to see Christmas Town? Anyone up for a group tour?? Check your calendars and see if we have at least a majority on a day and time. :)

I'm game I've already planned 2 visits. The weekend it opens and the 12th.

Sound like we have some interest! Chris, is there an event planner you could set for a possible group trip to Christmas Town this year? I'm good for every Sunday and ever other Saturday starting November 14th. I volunteer on the other Saturdays (taking care of native wildlife -sweetness); but if the best date falls on a volunteering day; I can switch weekends relatively easy!

:)

Yeah, I'll try to set something up to see who would be interested in meeting up. I'll see if I can't setup a group tour possibly. We'll see if I can work that out. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Haha, I would love to join you guys but considering the fact I'm no where near the right age to go on my own vacation - I'm pretty sure I won't be joining you.

So, considering what's been confirmed about the Penguin attraction at Xmas Town, how does everyone think it's going to work out? I think it will be the most popular attraction at Xmas Town and I think it was a pretty smart move on Busch's part since everyone loves penguins.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad