Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
RE: In-Park Music

Hey, I have a friend who is interested in the music at Pompeii during Christmas Town. I'm too lazy to go searching through the forums myself to find it because I know it was said somewhere I swear, but I thought maybe someone knows what it is off the top of their head?

Well my friends since there has been threads for music during Busch Gardens regular seasons and for Howl O Scream i thought why not have one for Christmas Town the park's other signature event.

Let's get those music collections started!

I'm sure that this is an unpopular opinion, but the carols in Oktoberfest really creep me out. The laughing children sound robotic, and one of the songs sounds like something from Cabaret. Images of Nazis brutalizing cabaret girls just aren't Christmasy to me.

On the other hand, I love that they are no longer playing the Twelve days of Christmas over and over again in Aquitaine. The French songs are charming, in my opinion.

I'm really not sure if the Aquitaine soundtrack has changed at all this year. We can base what we think the soundtrack is composed of based on a few walk throughs, where maybe you heard the same song a few times and so it maybe more impressionable, when actually there's a lot more to the soundtrack.

Aquitaine still has its fair share of 12 days of Christmas variations in the soundtrack, maybe some have been removed, but the 12 days of Christmas variations have always been mixed with the pre-2013 soundtrack. Some of the non-12 days of Christmas songs include many translated American songs like C'est L'hiver and Au Royaume du Bonhomme Hiver.

Nicole said:
I'm sure that this is an unpopular opinion, but the carols in Oktoberfest really creep me out.  The laughing children sound robotic, and one of the songs sounds like something from Cabaret.  Images of Nazis brutalizing cabaret girls just aren't Christmasy to me.

That's the music I grew up listening to around Christmas because I'm German. I never thought of it that way. It's funny now that I think of it though. Most of them are sung by a singer named Peter Alexander. He was called "Die schönsten Jodler der Welt" or "The world's most beautiful yodeler". They play him instead of Bing Crosby.

The closest thing I can think of to a Cabaret-style song is one called "Eine Muh, eine Mäh". It's an onomatopoetic song about the animals in the barn with baby Jesus. The video below is a single release of the song by the same artist. The one played in the park is a medley.

I guess it sounds happier if you understand what they are singing about. Also, laughter is a weird thing about German society, I will admit. The robotic laughter sound is a cultural way of showing that you're not drunk.

By the way, the music in that area sounds almost like they "stole" my Oma's (grandmother's) Christmas records. It's that traditional.

At one point in time there was a thread here that had some (or most) of the Christmas Town music. From that, here's what I have in my current Christmas Town playlist.

Entrance
----------
Spirit of the Season -> Alan Silvestri

England
----------
Star Carol -> Rutter, John

Scotland
----------
O Holy Night -> Celtic Woman
A Highland Carol -> Michael W. Smith
O Holy Night -> Michael Crawford
Bells Over Belfast -> The Irish Rovers

Ireland
----------
Ding Dong Merrily on High -> Celtic Woman
Greensleeve -> California Guitar Trio

France
----------
Au Royaume du Bonhomme Hiver -> Marie Myriam
C'est l'hiver -> Marie-Elaine Thibert
The Twelve Days of Christmas -> New York Philarmonic

New France
----------
Christmas Cookies -> George Straight
Here Comes Santa Claus -> Joey Miskulin
Let It Snow -> Roy Clark
Joy to the World -> The Clarke Family
Auld Lang Syne -> Columbia River Group Entertainment & The Clarke Family

Bridge between New France and North Pole
----------
La Det Sno -> Scandinavia
On the River -> Frank Chacksfield Orchestra
La Det Snow, La Det Snow, La Det Snow -> Kine Therese Ludvigsen (Kine)

North Pole
----------
Father Christmas -> Harry Gregson
Seeing is Believing -> Polar Express
The Bells of Christmas -> Loreena Mckennitt

Oktoberfest
----------
Freu dich! -> Kristina Bach
Herbei, O Ihr Glaubigen (O Come All Ye Faithful) - Engel Bringen Frohe Kunde (Gloria In Excelsis Deo) - Kommet, Ihr Hirten - Ganz Leise Bluht Eine Blume Auf -> Hella Heizmann
Lasst uns froh und munter sein (Medley) -> Peter Alexander
Hier kommt der Weihnachtsmann -> ??
Ich glaube noch immer an den Weihnachtsmann -> ??

Bridge between Oktoberfest and Italy
----------
Let There Be Peace on Earth - The Boys Choir of Harlem
Veni, veni Emmanuel (arr. A. Delmoni) -> Arturo Delmoni, Alexander Romanul, Nathaniel Rosen & Katherine Murdock
O Sanctissima (arr. A. Delmoni) -> Delmoni, Arturo

Miracles
----------
I Believe (Edit) -> Nikki Yanofsky
Main Title from Home Alone (Somewhere in my Memory) -> John Williams
Light the Fire Within -> LeAnn Rimes
Angels -> Jim Brickman
Christmas Canon -> Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Ordinary Miracle -> Sarah McLachlan

Holiday Hills
----------
Baby its Cold Outside -> Johnny Mercer
A Marshmallow World - Dean Martin
All I Want for Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth) -> Nat King Cole Trio
Santa Claus Got Stuck in My Chimney -> Ella Fitzgerald
It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas -> Bing Crosby
The Man with the Bag -> Kay Starr
Christmas Island -> The Andrews Sisters
If It Doesn't Snow on Christmas Day - Gene Autry

Polar Pathway
----------
Another Answer Came -> Yanni
After the Sunrise -> Yanni

Misc
----------
A Holly Jolly Christmas -> The Fireside Singers
God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen -> Mannheim Steamroller
Angels Among Us -> Alabama
Driving Home For Christmas -> Chris Rea

Updates/corrections are appreciated.

Some additions --

In the Ireland section of the park
The Irish Rovers:
Bells over Belfast
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Christmas Caroling
The High Kings:
Driving Home for Christmas
Santa Claus is Coming to Town

O Tannenbaum
The Nutcracker March - Nutcracker Overture, Israel and New Breed

Rejoice (Defunct)
Christmastime (Ring Christmas Bells) – Michael W Smith

I wish The Irish Rovers' "Christmas in Killarney" played in Ireland. Seems like an obvious fit for the hamlet, and they already play several songs by the artist anyway.

Michael W. Smith's Christmastime is one of my all time favorite Christmas songs and is really the only reason I miss that show. That song needs to come back to the park in some form.

So, there have been changes to the soundtrack since the first year that they were open for the holiday season. Songs have removed and added and the train was completely changed so the songs there were removed. I want to get the full collection and playlist of songs that are both currently played and song that used to be played.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad