Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Reservations go live tomorrow at 11
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's going to basically be a daily operation from November 13th to January 4th. They might have a couple of days they are holding back to release later but they are planning on only being closed only Christmas day and Thanksgiving.

Expect days with only one time slot and other days with 2. The time slots should be a little longer this time. I'm hearing that they will probably be 5 hours this time. So it'll must likely be 5-10 or 4-9 on the days with only one time slot. The days with 2 there will be a morning/afternoon time slot and an evening one.

Park used social media to confirm no preschool passes allowed, but all those passes will be automatically extended for next regular season.

I hope they offer a Christmas fun card or else we won't be going with our kids.

Reactions: Zachary
A little bit of weirdness today: all of the social media posts announcing that the Christmas event would be announced tomorrow have been deleted.

Does this suggest they're delaying reservations until later in the week, perhaps to confirm capacity calculations? Did they decide that the success in lobbying for higher capacity means they can justify the Christmas Town branding, and they need time to redo the creative? Either way, really weird to see the posts disappear without a replacement explaining that the announcement has been delayed.

I noticed that as well. They were also getting hammered by parents who can no longer use preschool passes, but also can't use being a friend tickets like in the past for their kids. Also no xmas fun card from the sound if it. Lots of parents weren't happy. It's the same situation I'm in right now. Maybe the increased capacity will allow a fair solution for everyone. I saw lots of posts about offering a paid for preschool fun card for it. I'd buy one. I think most people want a solution that helps the park but also makes sense for us.

Reactions: Le Moose
A little bit of weirdness today: all of the social media posts announcing that the Christmas event would be announced tomorrow have been deleted.

Does this suggest they're delaying reservations until later in the week, perhaps to confirm capacity calculations? Did they decide that the success in lobbying for higher capacity means they can justify the Christmas Town branding, and they need time to redo the creative? Either way, really weird to see the posts disappear without a replacement explaining that the announcement has been delayed.

So the park has known for a few weeks that the cap was increasing. It's part of why I've been so confidently stating that I expect an increase for Christmas.

So they are not redoing the event. Not sure the exact reason, but I had been under the impression from my friends at the park that the announcement was coming this Tuesday. So it's possible that they removed the announcement because it went up prematurely.

Don't expect Christmas Town branding for the event though.

Busch Gardens: A Christmas Celebration

I managed to book a reservation with a legacy Platinum Pass, hearing conflicting reports that it will be accepted and others saying it won't. It'll be a true shame if those who have said they are valid for this event are bluffing and I can't participate in the highly anticipated, Gingerbread Scavenger Hunt.

I was blown away by the Pumpkins in that scavenger hunt during Halloween Harvest, like a green pumpkin secretly disguised as a pot of gold? Insane, the creativity was through the roof. A pumpkin disguised as a hot air balloon that is both thematically consistent for the area and tilted at a quirky angle? Crazy, how can the park top this one? I don't know, not even sure if it's possible. The park set the bar very high with the Pumpkin Scavenger Hunt, easily the best attraction since the BEC sale back in 09, but still very optimistic for this Christmas gingerbread variation.

I managed to book a reservation with a legacy Platinum Pass, hearing conflicting reports that it will be accepted and others saying it won't. It'll be a true shame if those who have said they are valid for this event are bluffing and I can't participate in the highly anticipated, Gingerbread Scavenger Hunt.

I was blown away by the Pumpkins in that scavenger hunt during Halloween Harvest, like a green pumpkin secretly disguised as a pot of gold? Insane, the creativity was through the roof. A pumpkin disguised as a hot air balloon that is both thematically consistent for the area and tilted at a quirky angle? Crazy, how can the park top this one? I don't know, not even sure if it's possible. The park set the bar very high with the Pumpkin Scavenger Hunt, easily the best attraction since the BEC sale back in 09, but still very optimistic for this Christmas gingerbread variation.

They are not accepted to my knowledge. Only active memberships get admission. So no legacy annual pass holders get free admission.

Huge props to Busch! They listened to the large outpouring of families on Facebook and allowed preschool passes! Lots of appreciation! I'm the the capacity lift helped.

I was able to make reservations using our legacy pass barcodes and preschool pass by clicking the button labeled " Preschool Pass, Military Pass and previously purchased Busch Gardens Williamsburg 1-Day Tickets make reservations here. " There is nothing on the page indicating where legacy passholders should make reservations. That seems like perhaps preschool passed are accepted but legacy passes are not. However, my reservations went through with no problem the combination of barcodes. This is very confusing. The park need to specifically put in writing on the reservations page which section legacy passholders can reserve in and whether or not we need to purchase tickets.

So no legacy annual pass holders get free admission.
This is an outrage. How dare BGDubs banish my pass tier from the park for this event! Are they worried that I will absolutely tear through that scavenger hunt in mere seconds, fanny pack flopping around my waist, lanyard smacking my face, as I dash through the park on a scavenger hunt race? Are they concerned that after I victoriously complete the scavenger hunt in record time, that I will then write a detailed multi-paragaph comprehensive review on ParkFans based upon design and quirkiness with attached photos? What a shame. I can't believe this. My day has been absolutely ruined. This is equally as bad as if not worst then when they removed the Big Bad Wolf. Shame on you BGDubs, shame on you. I think the only way to cope with my deep melancholic state is through a cathartic burning of my pass at the gate. Dear Va. Gazette, ...

/s

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad