Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Kind of bummed out to see the Brauhaus is going to be the Germany Food & Wine location. It's just not that big and I expect it will be crowded during the F&W Festival. It has been a kind of quiet "escape" from the show but suspect that will end now as more people learn it is there.

Reactions: Flyer
So I was wondering when I should pick up my stein.. does anyone know if I'd be able to pick it up when they reopen? Do they mail them to people that don't pick theirs up before the end of the season? Any info would be much appreciated!

You need to pick up your stein on your last visit. If you think you might go back....take it with you. After the season all steins are just placed in boxes for disposal. They hold onto them until the new season but there is no guarantee they can find your stein. They will certainly not mail it to you. I asked if you came back after picking up your stein if they would allow you to have your beer in a plastic cup and the answer was no. You must have your stein to get the $5 price.

You need to pick up your stein on your last visit. If you think you might go back....take it with you. After the season all steins are just placed in boxes for disposal. They hold onto them until the new season but there is no guarantee they can find your stein. They will certainly not mail it to you. I asked if you came back after picking up your stein if they would allow you to have your beer in a plastic cup and the answer was no. You must have your stein to get the $5 price.

See to me that’s absurd. You pay $99 to be a part of that club. You should be guaranteed to have your Stein at the end of the year.

I don't disagree you should be able to pick up your stein at the beginning of the new season, warfelg. Once they started putting 2 steins per cubby there wasn't enough room if the previous steins were left. The rollover from the first year you could pick up your stein in the spring because they could fit the new stein in with the old because there was only 1 stein per cubby. I think one of the things I don't understand is why your cubby number changes for the new season. 3 years and I have had 3 different cubby numbers.

FYI, if you were waiting for the Stein Club/Pint Club signups for 2019 to go live, they were on the website as of yesterday!

FYI, if you were waiting for the Stein Club/Pint Club signups for 2019 to go live, they were on the website as of yesterday!

Honestly am torn for 2019. I got it in 2017. Got it in 2018 despite feeling this way. Sometimes some of the beers they put on tap are a good deal at $5 for the pint. But at the same time, it means having to go to Festhaus, stay in Brauhaus, and making multiple trips back. Ugh. I wish they had just a Craft Bier Room pass. No stein, but you do get to drop in and get a cheaper beer.

And the fact you can't take it to Grogans. I think they need to come up with a traveling Beer Club membership, and try to get a space in France and Italy, that way you can have more spots, and at each location have a "Local craft" from that country. So you go to Grogans you can get a bunch of UK inspired craft beers, France has French/spanish inspired craft beers; Brauhaus has German/Swiss/Austrisan/Hungarian inspired craft beers; Italy having Italian/Greek/Turkish/Adriatic Sea Countries inspired craft beers.

Inspired Idea:
Around the World in 80 Brews! A club you can get into, and when you hit 80 different beers on the year, you get a special mug, a shirt, and I bet they can come up with some cool exclusive item to give away with it.

i thought people said you could take your stien with you where ever and the you could still get $5 pours at grogans even with the stien vs the pint.

Im not a stein club member but stoped in Grogans with one who had picked up his stein to take home on Sunday night right at 8pm. He was told he couldnt get a beer in his stien there becused the Brauhaus closes 1 hour before the park closes so they cant honor steins when the Brauhaus is closed even though they were still open and still pouringing for pint club members.

More to the point though of traveling with your stein. During "normal" operating hours you could take your stein to Grogans. Also, during the Beerfest in Germany you could take your stein to any one of the kiosks and get $5 pours. I never tried it but I believe before the season ended you could ask for a plastic cup, pour your beer into it and leave. There was some controversy about that early on but I believe they were allowing that before the year ended. As for the refusal to fill a stein because the Brauhaus had closed. Sounds like just another stupid move by staff. Don't doubt it happened but what a stupid excuse.

Again, im not a club member but some friends that we go with alot are, they would regularly get their stien beer "to go". I cant remember if they had to pour it in a cup themselves but I do remember them always haveing a blue dot sticker on the cup.

Again, im not a club member but some friends that we go with alot are, they would regularly get their stien beer "to go". I cant remember if they had to pour it in a cup themselves but I do remember them always haveing a blue dot sticker on the cup.

When I was a stein club member, I would never have my stein filled. I would just give them my name when I ordered so they could verify membership. I would then ask if they could put it directly in a plastic cup instead. I never had an issue. But this was 2017 and maybe things changed last year.

Reactions: GeoUSA and WDWRLD

They did not do the “to go stein” in 2018. My assumption is folks were passing it off to their friend, and getting another right away.
I’m also kind of torn about my 2019 stein, but think I will anyway. I didn’t get in the first year, but did the two since. Eh who am I kidding, I’m going to grab my wallet now...

Reactions: Mushroom
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad