Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I will have to watch this, but I am the kind of person, that needs to see it with my own eyes instead of hearing it. I hope they have lots of photos, videos, and paperwork. I guess Sea World is sitting on the end of their seats WAITING for the explosion of IGNORANT fools to run about...

This is the joke of the century. Citing a lack of incidents in the wild is pathetic. The lack of wild encounters are almost nonexistent compared to the constant interaction at the park.

The animals that are the most dangerous and truly unpredictable are not orcas but...

Reactions: Mushroom and Julia
Here is a statement sent out to all Team Members in SWPE pertaining to Blackfish by the CEO of SWPE.

Jim Atchison said:
Over the next several weeks you may hear of a movie called Blackfish. It is the latest re-packaging of the story of SeaWorld Orlando killer whale trainer Dawn Brancheau's tragic death on February 24, 2010. Blackfish bills itself as a documentary, but instead of a fair and balanced treatment of a complex subject, the film is inaccurate and misleading and, regrettably, exploits a tragedy that remains a source of deep pain for many of us.

We have responded to inquiries from the news media about the film and will continue to do so. We have offered evidence of its inaccuracies and provided additional information about SeaWorld the film leaves out: That SeaWorld is among the world's most respected accredited zoological institutions; that the safety of our team members and guests and the welfare of our animals are our highest priorities; that Dawn's death must be viewed in the context of nearly five decades of interaction between with killer whales and our zoological professionals.

As you may know, we made significant changes to our killer whale facilities, equipment and procedures following Dawn's death. This is just one example of the commitment each of us demonstrates every day to the safety of our team members and guests and the care and welfare of our animals.

If you have any questions about the allegations made in Blackfish, please contact your communications department. If you have questions on how we care for our animals, I encourage you to reach out directly to Dr. Chris Dold, our vice president of veterinary services. Thank you.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad