Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
In typical Busch Gardens fashion they don't have their shit together. It's amazing such a large company is so inept. And they certainly do little to make the customer feel "right". The free sample cards say they are good anywhere draft beer is served, they aren't. Only in certain areas, and they won't honor there own written words. "Pretzel World" aka Beste Bretzen and Bier literally has a sign outside their doors listing themselves as a location... (spoiler) they don't honor them either.

Lots of good variety. Awesome looking pretzels. But this is unacceptable. Get your shit together.

Attachments

• 20220813_112531.jpg
    20220813_112531.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • 20220813_112507.jpg
    20220813_112507.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • Wow
Reactions: Mushroom and Murphy
I think you might be comparing 2 different things. The card you took a picture of is the card you got at the kiosk as a pass member. The $40 beer sampler is a different offer with different rules. The giveaway is the card you showed is valid today only. The $40 sampler card is valid for the entire Bier Fest 2022.

The card says any draft locations. I was told in Italy it's only the Oktoberfest and special Bier fest locations. The pretzel shop is advertised as a special event location, therefore it should work for the special event ticket. The employees at both locations indicated they've gotten a lot of grief from customers over the issue.

Reactions: panopticon31
Was anybody else floored by the beer prices yesterday? BG has introduced a 16oz cup for the price of the original 20oz cup. The 20 oz cup is now $17.
Having a girlfriend that works in the beer industry all I can say for VA is....good luck.

Having a girlfriend that works in the beer industry all I can say for VA is....good luck.

From a buddy of mine also in the industry, he's indicated that unless it's a nano brewery or a really ingredient intense beverage, most places have the economy of scale to not be but so expensive - there's always a max price a beer can be sold with any reasonable volume.

Domestic beers wholesale pricing had only marginally increased from about $.25/case to maybe $.35 - dunno what the keg conversion is, but sounded like maybe an increase in the $5/keg range.

All that to say - what's your girlfriend seeing that's going to be catastrophic to beer drinkers in the Commonwealth? Or is this just another nickel/dime play by the park/SEAS?

From a buddy of mine also in the industry, he's indicated that unless it's a nano brewery or a really ingredient intense beverage, most places have the economy of scale to not be but so expensive - there's always a max price a beer can be sold with any reasonable volume.

Domestic beers wholesale pricing had only marginally increased from about $.25/case to maybe $.35 - dunno what the keg conversion is, but sounded like maybe an increase in the $5/keg range.

All that to say - what's your girlfriend seeing that's going to be catastrophic to beer drinkers in the Commonwealth? Or is this just another nickel/dime play by the park/SEAS?
A nickle and dime play by the wholesaler. There's 1 major wholesaler in VA, and everyone tends to follow them, and YTD alone her specific product has gone up 30% from that wholesaler. That's not to mention when they've done with other brands.

A FWIW, this wholesaler cut delivery drivers, lost staff, and in another state they operate in suffered a 2 week strike for refusing to do more than cost of living raises in 2022.

Basically the more I hear from her and the more I learn, the whole beer business is backasswards and the importer/brewer and consumer get screwed by the middleman.

Reactions: Jonesta6 and BGWnut
Was anybody else floored by the beer prices yesterday? BG has introduced a 16oz cup for the price of the original 20oz cup. The 20 oz cup is now $17.
I had to re-read this post a few times as I am shocked.

I was just at the park a few weekends ago and bought a 20 oz beer for $13.99 + taxes and that DUMB 5% surcharge. I was literally telling everyone how expensive beer has gotten at the park for days after.

But you are telling me that the 20 oz beer price is now $16.99 + 5% surcharge? Before taxes and discounts that's $18.84 or $0.94 per oz. That's highway robbery! The only other place I know that has beers for $17 is the VB Amphitheater but at least you get 32 oz.

I think you generally see a small price up before HOS season starts but to go from $13.99 + 5% surcharge to $16.99 + 5% surcharge practically overnight is obnoxious and yet another reason for me to take my money and business elsewhere.

Unbelievable!

Reactions: Zachary
  • Haha
Reactions: Mushroom
Since we are comparing prices:

At the Oktoberfest in Munich you get a Maß beer (1.069 liters / 36.15oz) for €13.70 or less this year. (~ $13.65)

That is after a 15% price hike and including taxes.

I have more issue with gouging on the price of a bottle of water or Powerade that keep guests refreshed, vice beer or alcohol.

Considering the additional costs and stress on the parks of dealing with drunk guests, limiting beer purchase volume through high prices isn’t the worst of ideas - I.e. better to sell one $18 beer vice three $6 ones.

Reactions: mikes and warfelg
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad