Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
So in recent of the new logo for the parks, I am setting up a timeline of logos! Feel free to share an old logo with the dates they were used, any information is helpful and I thank you for it ahead of time! Here are logos I searched for super hard all over the internet and found. Two of them came from park maps, wasn't sure of they were specific logos used for certain years or versions of a particular logo used.

2013 - Current

I'm not certain, but I thought that the red lettering logo came with the Ireland switch-over in 2001. I seem to remember that, but it's really just a guess.

Also, you forgot this one:

Note: The picture was the only one I could find so it's a little big

Attachments

• BGE.jpg
    BGE.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 6
Here is the short-lived Busch Gardens Europe logo used from 2006-2008.

Attachments

• BGEuropelogo.jpg
    BGEuropelogo.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 12
  • bgtoc1975_1.jpg
    bgtoc1975_1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Kitty and Ludwig II
The red logo came over in 2003. The Busch Gardens Europe logo was used from 2007-2009. Then when Blackstone bought us they switched it back over to BGW. Which went all the way through 2012 until this year when they changed it to the new logo.

JuniorBGWfan28 said:
The red logo came over in 2003. The Busch Gardens Europe logo was used from 2007-2009. Then when Blackstone bought us they switched it back over to BGW. Which went all the way through 2012 until this year when they changed it to the new logo.

That is false.

The Busch Gardens Europe logo was first used in 2006. I had a Passport Members flier sent to me in the mail in March of 2006 that showed that logo. It was also in the press kits for both parks. There was heavy discussion on many coaster forums about the name change of both Busch Gardens parks and a lot of them started using new acronyms (BGE for Busch Gardens Europe and BGA for Busch Gardens Africa).

Here is the Griffon press release from August 2006 showing "The Worlds of Busch Gardens Europe" logo.

http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/buschgardens/25155/

As shown in the 1984 brochure, the block logo was introduced sometime between 1980-1984

bgw1984_1.jpg

Clicky

The block logo was dropped in 2003 with the change over to the script. I believe The Old Country was dropped around the time Drachen Fire debuted for "Busch Gardens Williamsburg".

Reactions: Kitty and Unagi
I was just going to say that if someone had the park maps from every year- then you could find out the exact years of the logo changes.

Reactions: Party Rocker
I update my OP to reflect the info you guys posted to the best of my ability. Special Events logos, primarily Howl-o-Scream is my next project.

Some of those dates are still way off. The brochure I posted above is from 1984, yet has the block lettering, so the original Old Country logo was dropped sometime in the 80s.

bgt_03_1_102.jpg

Here's a 2003 brochure with the script logo in place, so it definitely changed over in 2003.

cimg2720.jpg

Here's a picture of my somewhat low quality 2005 map showing off the script logo.

The "Worlds of" campaign started in 2006 and lasted intil 2008.

I like that one to bad you never saw it anywhere. Maybe because the red logo was less detailed and easier to print\paint.

By the way PR Illuminights didn't start until 2010. The season after the first season of Christmastown which was at the end of 2009.

Wikipedia says the last year The Old Country was used was 1992, therefore I assume that is when they took it out of branding. Also if anyone thinks this may be an error show me proof that this is incorrect and come forth with a better date, if not forever hold your silence.

EDIT: Wikipedia goes on to say that just Busch Gardens Williamsburg was used from 1993 to 2005, just don't know exactly when they switched the font. Then 2006 - 2008 was Busch Gardens Europe, and 2009 to where we are today. Any objections?

Not sure if this a history, logo, or brand thing. I thought it was interesting, tho'.
Mods feel free to move it where you like.

Through our 2 days of cataloging BGW stuff, we found these different bags over the years.
How cool is the Ireland bag?

Attachments

• BGBag7028.JPG
    BGBag7028.JPG
    768.5 KB · Views: 15
  • BGBag6691.JPG
    BGBag6691.JPG
    890.4 KB · Views: 13
  • BGBag7026.JPG
    BGBag7026.JPG
    824.6 KB · Views: 19
  • BGBag6692.JPG