Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 9, 2014
Virginia
twitter.com
I wish the KD app would tell which rides will or will not be operating on a particular day. But since I live two and a half hours away, I more than likely would still not find out before leaving for the park. Oh well

Feb 1, 2015
So just a random thought while riding this that I'm sure tons of people have thought this too but theoretically is it possible for this ride to get stuck upside down? Or is it mechanically impossible

AIR

Busch Gardens Flying Coaster
Jul 7, 2017
Williamsburg VA
Caleb said:
So just a random thought while riding this that I'm sure tons of people have thought this too but theoretically is it possible for this ride to get stuck upside down? Or is it mechanically impossible

Actually, working at this ride, people ask me this all the time. I tell them no. But it's very easy for it to be upside down for awhile. I suppose theoretically it's possible but too many things have to be just right for that to happen. The counterweight at the top is just a little lighter than the boat itself when empty. When loaded with any riders at all, the motion of the boat in the air works as an almost perfect pendulum and will continue in its circle until the tires slow it down.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad