Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Alf33

If all else fails, lower your standards.
Silver Donor
Jun 8, 2013
Here's some pictures of the pianist performing her set for this new show. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

Attachments

• IMG_0664a.JPG
    IMG_0664a.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0665a.JPG
    IMG_0665a.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0666a.JPG
    IMG_0666a.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0667a.JPG
    IMG_0667a.JPG
  • IMG_0670a.JPG
    IMG_0670a.JPG
I completely agree. The park went from having a fully choreographed, vocal, musical score production with lighting effects to the cheap A cappella show and now this. It’s such a shame the performers are thrown into these penny pinching shows.

I actually ended my membership because of their entertainment cutbacks. Busch is very expensive (a one park membership costs as much as a CF all park platinum pass). The have less coasters and flat rides. Now no dark rides. It’s just not worth it when they keep cutting back.

Last edited:
I completely agree. The park went from having a fully choreographed, via, musical score production with lighting effects to the cheap A cappella show and now this. It’s such a shame the performers are thrown into these penny pinching shows.

I actually ended my membership because of their entertainment cutbacks. Busch is very expensive (a one park membership costs as much as a CF all park platinum pass). The have less coasters and that rides. Now no dark rides. It’s just not worth it when they keep cutting back.
Technically still have one dark ride. But everyone forgets BfE

And you don't seem to agree with the general sentiment. Must of the members here on the forum seen to agree that this is a simple show that is incredibly well done and is enjoyable. It might be my favorite show at CT this year. Not every show needs to be a large scale production. This show and Bel Concertino prove that a smaller scale more simple show can be captivating and enjoyable.

It simply isn't accurate to say that show budget and effects make a show better than a show like Believe. If that were the case then London Rocks would have been one of the greatest shows BGW has ever had. Instead it was terrible.

I saw the show for a few minutes this weekend and, while the performer was talented and the show is well done for what it is, it’s at most a diversion, in my opinion. I felt I’d seen my fill after watching for a few minutes. I’m fine with CT having smaller scale shows like this (in fact, I think BGW needs more small-scale shows to bolster the lineup), but it’s simply not of the same caliber of GoH or Miracles. Regardless of the quality, I don’t really see how it’s possible to view a single piano player as anything but a downgrade from a full-fledged production.

Disclaimer: I may have been in the minority, but I really enjoyed GoH. Compared to the 30+ minute investment of that show, Believe is something I could watch for, at most, 5 minutes before being ready to move on. It just felt like there was less to fill my time this year.

Reactions: Alf33
I watched about a minute of Believe and it was enough. I really enjoyed Miracles and to me it reminded me too much if that and what was removed. I do understand in the enviroment that they had Miracles was hard to do night after night with cold and damp stage. Year round I feel like canopy covering that open area would be a huge benifit.

I understand that Believe is not everyone's thing. It requires patience and attention to be fully appreciated. That's difficult for some people to do in this busy world with many distractions drawing at our attention. For those willing to slow down and listen, it's a beautiful show. I was impressed that a full house sat quietly enthralled for the entire show when I saw it recently. I think that alone is a testament to the quality of the show.

I understand that Believe is not everyone's thing. It requires patience and attention to be fully appreciated. That's difficult for some people to do in this busy world with many distractions drawing at our attention. For those willing to slow down and listen, it's a beautiful show. I was impressed that a full house sat quietly enthralled for the entire show when I saw it recently. I think that alone is a testament to the quality of the show.

One of my favorite things about Busch Gardens is that they usually have some way to take a break from the excitement. However, my problem is not as much with the show itself, as it is about what the show signifies for the park in general.

The whole chain stopped producing major live shows about two years ago (which I might surmise is part of the reason Phil Raybourn resigned), and any good shows that we still have are being treated like an animatronic band in a Chuck E. Cheese’s restaurant. The shows are there, but it’s obvious that they are no longer a priority like new rides.

Normally, I would rejoice over a show like Believe, but since it is not accompanied by a major production, I see it as yet another sign of entertainment’s decline.

I enjoyed Believe and sat through it several times.

There are plenty of big shows going on at other places so it's nice to have something that is a bit calmer. I can see how it might not catch everybody's attention, but I think that might be the point. It's good to have some diversity.

Now I wouldn't mind more heavily produced shows on top of it but I guess the park has to draw the line somewhere.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad