Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
If you study the pic of Oktoberfest, my guess is that the pretzel market will be immediately to the right with the beer garden just past it. They said that one of the new performance areas will be "across" from the beer garden, so I'm thinking it'll be to the left where the BBW queue/soccer shop is?

Sounds like an efficient use of what is some pretty dead space (maybe a little too much use for that space). I'm totally excited to see it. I think it's gonna be awesome!

Apr 21, 2010
so BGW just has be all giddy right now haha. im so excited about this park's future. i mean we are going to have a full year of construction to watch. awesome!

chris your site here is about to grow a ton!

Sep 23, 2009
James said:
so BGW just has be all giddy right now haha. im so excited about this park's future. i mean we are going to have a full year of construction to watch. awesome!

chris your site here is about to grow a ton!

Yeah, looking forward to all the construction pictures and news to come!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Short interview that Fur Dozy and I did with the general manager, John Reilly. Who makes the drop tower? It isn't Intamin... Watch the interview to find out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVsoCeFf_s4&fmt=35

Sorry that the video is a little rough. John Reilly talks fast. :p

If you couldn't understand all of his answers:

Question 1:
You are exactly right.

Question 2:
The tower is Moser Rides out of Italy

Question 3:
The drop tower is open although there are circular thematic elements that are going to encircle the base of the attraction and those are thematic elements that are going to invoke Bavarian and German maples and German festival poles. So there will be some sort of elements that you pass through as the tower drops.
We really benchmark ourselves against ourselves and benchmark our attractions against the attractions that we have launched in the park before. And I think when you look at attractions like Griffon, DarKastle- we are really trying to launch attractions that are unique and that make sense just at Busch Gardens and I think you’ll see those elements with the Mäch Tower here. Number 1: The thematic environment- we are building a village around this ride, we are building a new Oktoberfest village around this ride. There will be culinary, dining, and shopping opportunities as well. So it won’t be a stand-alone ride. The second element is the thematic elements of the ride that will invoke the Bavarian festival pole or maypole, so the theme of the ride will be different. The third thing I’d say is that the actual on-board elements of the ride will include some special effects, audio enhancements, and also I think the rotation of the ride is a natural fit for Busch Gardens because what beautiful scenery, what beautiful topography, we have here in Williamsburg, so to be able to turn and to see it all as you are going up before you plummet is a unique element for us.

Question 4:
It’ll be on the site of the Big Bad Wolf

Question 5:
What I can say about the multi-launch coaster is that over the next eighteen months, until it opens in March of 2012, we’ll be releasing all of the details on the ride. It is a unique ride, it’s going to be like no coaster you’ve seen before, but the details of that are soon to be talked about.

Question 7 (should of been 6):
Some elements of the station and the maintenance building are planned to be reused- the footers, we’ll have to determine as we go forward.

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
Did I hear someone say "Poor Nora" in the announcement video when the park managment showed the picture of the BBW? Because at that moment of seeing the Wolf my heart sank... so thanks to whoever did that.

Boy I hated missing this event and yet, I am glad someone here went to see it. I wish I was there with you guys (Swift and Fur Dozy); it would have been wonderful to see John and it was very nice of him to take the time to go on camera and answer some questions for the site. Very nice indeed.

Although it is probably best I was not with you guys during the interview, as I may have sobbed on his shirt and begged John to at least put some "Wolfish" elements in the launch coaster... if just for me. That would have been embarrassing for pretty much everyone within viewing distance.

Lastly, I would like to mention that in some weird amazing skill of prediction... I did jokingly say (because I really thought it would never be themed as such), that the drop tower could be Maypole Themed; "a Bavarian Induced terror" I recall. I also pretty much stayed on point with the location of the tower. Lastly, I mentioned the possibility of a launch coaster since Tampa looked to be getting one. So yay for somewhat accurate predictions for me! Yay. I still cannot believe how close on the mark I was; should have entered the contest - dag-nab-it! Should-a-would-a-could-a I suppose.

So now, coaster oh new coaster, what will be the theme of you? Could a Wolf be in the mix in the BGW bag of tricks? If so, that would be a dream come true! :D

Probably not though.. but I still cling to a desperate hope. Oh, and I do hope they make some Gluten Free Pretzels in this Pretzel Hut they have in the works!! I want to eat a pretzel without my stomach growling in pain! On that note, I'll write the park now and ask for Gluten free goodies!

I wonder if the park may really consider my idea of a "Beverage Passport" through the countries now they are building a BierGarden. It would be a good stopping point location for beer/wine tasting in Germany! Woot!

T

Tanisha757

@Nora- I was waiting on your post! That was me...I actually said, "that's for you, Nora," when they showed the picture of BBW. I know how much you loved that ride and I know you were sad that you couldn't come, so that was my shout-out to you.

:)

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Speaking of which, I would like to, again, thank the park for setting me up with an interview. It was very much appreciated.

Nora said:
Although it is probably best I was not with you guys during the interview, as I may have sobbed on his shirt and begged John to at least put some "Wolfish" elements in the launch coaster... if just for me. That would have been embarrassing for pretty much everyone within viewing distance.

But that would of made for good TV! :D

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
Tanisha757 said:
@Nora. I was waiting on your commentary! That was me...I actually said, "that's for you, Nora," when they showed the picture of BBW. I know how much you loved that ride and I know you were sad that you couldn't come, so that was my shout-out to you.

:)

Awww, I had a feeling it was you. Thanks for that and I was touched that the park announcement had a little reminder of the Wolf in it somewhere. My commentary at that moment would have been me standing up and in my loudest voice (which is quite impressive) shout "I MISS YOU BIG BAD WOLF".

Hope to see you and Chris around the park again soon! Or if not this year, maybe have a beer in the new 2011 Bier Garden. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad