Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Should have been there on Tuesday. Had the train all to myself. Also the MCBR was working normal for me also.

Attachments

• 20190528_122436.jpg
    20190528_122436.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: jornor
Alpengeist is down

Attachments

• 12E9CB8D-9286-469F-AF02-2FDC48E8D0EE.jpeg
    12E9CB8D-9286-469F-AF02-2FDC48E8D0EE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • E03DA571-381F-4425-80A4-7378D2320E07.jpeg
    E03DA571-381F-4425-80A4-7378D2320E07.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: BenWilkerson
I’ve seen people online say that Alpie has gotten rough and is not as enjoyable anymore. I haven’t ridden it in a while, is there any truth to this?

I haven't been to the park this year, but as of last season, it really depended on where you rode. Middle was usually smoothest. Back was usually pretty rough. Either way, I still enjoy the ride.

Honestly the middle rows of Alpie feel on par with how the back row of an empty Apollo train feels. The OTSRs make it a bit worse but it hardly ruins the ride.

I've ridden it a few times this season. Most of the time, I have a decent experience. Last time I rode it though, I rode front row at night because the front row line was short and I thought it would be cool riding up front. It was very underwhelming for whatever reason. Also, as others have said, the mid-course brake run is obnoxious and the cobra roll will whip you around if you're not expecting it. I don't dislike it, but it's definitely not one of my favorites.

I've quit riding years ago, but even 15 years ago i didn't like the cobra roll. Also i agree about the brakes, seems like they always slammed you back to straight.

I've quit riding years ago, but even 15 years ago i didn't like the cobra roll. Also i agree about the brakes, seems like they always slammed you back to straight.
Yes the transition from that banked turn into the MCBR is the worst transition I've ever been on on any B&M coaster that part should have been retracked a year after they opened it I'll still ride it but I know when to brace for impact with the OTSR

Reactions: tursiops
It's definitely not rough, but it is very forceful especially the further back you go. However I do agree the the MCBR at the moment kills the end of the ride because reasons, but eventually that'll work itself out and that full stop will be just a slow-down.

It's definitely not rough, but it is very forceful especially the further back you go. However I do agree the the MCBR at the moment kills the end of the ride because reasons, but eventually that'll work itself out and that full stop will be just a slow-down.
Well it's been that way since March 16th I hope it works itself out soon but I don't see that happening operations and maintenance had to have done it for a reason it's not just poor settings

Well it's been that way since March 16th I hope it works itself out soon but I don't see that happening operations and maintenance had to have done it for a reason it's not just poor settings

No I hear you, I know what you’re saying. It’s unfortunately not something that’ll change overnight. I did notice that it wasn’t as bad between when I rode it on July 6th and when I rode it this past weekend. I’m sure that by summer next season it will be a noticeable difference from this summer

No I hear you, I know what you’re saying. It’s unfortunately not something that’ll change overnight. I did notice that it wasn’t as bad between when I rode it on July 6th and when I rode it this past weekend. Its like breaking in a new car, it takes time to adjust. I’m sure that by summer next season it will be a noticeable difference from this summer
You don't break in a a car that was built in 1997 obviously there's cracks or too much stress in the second half of the ride I don't expect that to change comparing it to breaking in a new car is ridiculous it's not a new car it's a 22 year old roller coaster I'm over their weekly it's still rougher than hell coming into the mcrb it was worse at the beginning of the season but it still sucks i rode it tonight

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad