Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Apparently Mind over Magic was a magic show performed during Howl-O-Scream in the Royal Palace Theatre. There's a picture of the rather impressive sign here.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg said:
Magician Aaron Radatz takes center stage at Busch Gardens Williamsburg’s Royal Palace Theatre. Innovative illusions, audience participation and theatrical special effects combine to create a mind-bending experience participants will not soon forget.

Anyone have anything else?

RE: Aaron Radatz’s Mind over Magic (2004 to ?)

I found two videos of a magician named Aaron Radatz. I don't know if this is the same guy, but it might be.
Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Hj2xwm1_A

Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVjenoZ-OH4

I will continue to research him. :)

Reactions: Zachary

In the first video, at the 1:39 seconds mark, I saw the set for a show from the Royal Palace Theatre.

Reactions: Hoopla

Aaron did a magic show there for a while. He was from Las Vegas, I believe. He stayed around after the show for photos and autographs. We liked him.

I do recall BG made you think it was Aaron's regular show, with his routine of Metallica tune and red eyes floating, before Rockin' Eve's. It was the intro to his magic show. You can't see the eyes, but you can hear the begining here

Rockin' Eve's Wrath (part 1).

Then a slowed down record like they stop the magic show and say they never liked that music. You'd have to have seen Aaron's show to get the inside joke.

It was the same year they re-did Monster Stomped Revamped with the same kind of "reboot" begining with the preshow video.

This isn't at BGW, but this is a routine Aaron did in the BGW show.

Invisible Man Illusion.

His current website.
Aaron Radatz

EDIT: Yes, the show was on the Palace stage. Wasn't his the show that took over after Imaginique in the fall season.

Anyone else remeber more?

Hoopla said:
I found two videos of a magician named Aaron Radatz. I don't know if this is the same guy, but it might be.
Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Hj2xwm1_A

Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVjenoZ-OH4

I will continue to research him. :)

Sorry, speaking before reading. My bad. That is him. Yes, the Montage video has BGW clips at :36, :40, :49, :57 and 1:38. The first (Invisible Man) from his original show and the others are his parts in Rockin' Eve. There are flashes that are only seconds that I didn't list.

The Eve youtube link I posted was the second year (2009) when they took Aaron out and put in goth Imaginique type performers. They left the intro the same even though it no longer featured Aaron.

Reactions: Hoopla

Hey Zach, Maybe this will help with some shows:
Link

Looks like Mind (2004) became Nightscares (2005). I recall both of those being similar stage magic shows by Aaron. Then he did magic in Rockin' Eve for unknown years (not 2009 by the youtube vids).

I'll have to dig for pamphlets or maps for more info and that could take a while.

Here are some photos from a prelim dig. WARNING: blurry and awful quality with low light and new tech at the time. You can see stage props along the way. Like a guillotine at the top platform. And I hate my digital camera from back then. I res'd them down to be easy on the forum.

Attachments

• 2006 Rockin Eve 1.jpg
    2006 Rockin Eve 1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 2006 Rockin Eve 2.JPG
    2006 Rockin Eve 2.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2006 Rockin Eve 3.JPG
    2006 Rockin Eve 3.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 15
  • 2006 Rockin Eve 4.JPG
    2006 Rockin Eve 4.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2006 Rockin Eve 5.JPG
    2006 Rockin Eve 5.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2006 Rockin Eve 6.JPG
    2006 Rockin Eve 6.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 2006 Rockin Eve 7.JPG
    2006 Rockin Eve 7.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2006 Rockin Eve 8.JPG
    2006 Rockin Eve 8.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2006 Rockin Eve 9.JPG
    2006 Rockin Eve 9.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 2006 Rockin Eve 10.JPG
    2006 Rockin Eve 10.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 10

Thanks Nora, me too. They did cool shows there. What a waste of a great stage. I really liked the Rockin' Eve show. A great way to end a Howl-O-Scream night was watching the last show there before heading out. And Aaron would hang around the RPT gate on your way out to take pictures. Good times!

Reactions: Nora

Once again, I feel like I have missed out or have been cheated out of these experiences. Why didn't I move here sooner?

Nora said:
Thanks so much for saving your photos, no matter how blurry they are. :)

Blurry? They look fine to me. Ummm....wait a minute. You gotta have at least three adult beverages before viewing. Looks great!! :cool:

25100_418608946345_1289188_n_zpsffbdf1e5.jpg

One picture so far. I will work on this thread with some more information soon.

The show was awesome! There were three or four (I think just three though) incarnations of shows with Aaron. The first year was family friendly and he would pull kids up from the crowd to do a trick at one point. The second version was really dark in tone. I'm trying to confirm that there was another in between that year and Eve with independent sources (my mom).

I want to say I actually have the entire show Mind Over Magic recorded. Sadly though, it's on VHS and it was my older brother recording it, so it's pretty terrible quality.

That's of course, providing that it is the right show. Mind Over Magic was the one about the girl going into some castle/old building/and falling asleep there, and that's when Aaron shows up, right?

The part I remember the most about Mind Over Magic was the kids coming up on stage and doing a trick that involved a storybook prop. There was also one year where he did the hanging upside down in chains and straight jacket thing. Then there was one year where there was a video that came on at one point of a scary dude (which was actually Aaron in make up that looked like Darth Vader under the mask). Then of course the year with the glowing eyes at the beginning. Again, they're all running together.

That tends to happen when you've viewed so many things that are similar. ): I have this problem a lot when it comes to Howl-o-Scream in general.

Exactly. And we would go to the shows as much as possible, every day of the weekend. Pre-children, of course. And pre-husband. He's not a show person. :(

Shows and years just start running together. I'm trying though!

Oh yeah, going as much as possible and seeing the shows constantly. Memories definitely collide.

And I figured out what show I have recorded it's actually from the year after Mind Over Magic.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad