Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I visited LotD the other day (little trip to reminisce) and was very sad to see that little stage rotting away. Does anybody remember this area when it was at its peak or when it played shows? I remember dragons dancing around there at one point (not too hard to figure out), but not much. I'd be interested to know what shows it played.

It's very sad to see this part of the park, which played a big, magical role in my early years at the park, being completely neglected - I really wish it were payed some love (they could probably do something pretty cool). Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I tried to upload an image, but for some reason it is not showing up. It can be viewed on GoogleMaps Street View (the small theater is near the dragon shop/lost child area and German ice cream building)

Attachments

• dragon pic.PNG
    dragon pic.PNG
    684.8 KB · Views: 70
  • dragon theater.JPG
    dragon theater.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 54
RE: Land of the Dragons Theater

No I remember! I was a bit too old to watch the shows and since I do not have children, I really saw no need to go into the area. Besides, it is always creepy when adults go into a children's area with no kids; despite how innocent your intentions are.

Anyway, I had always hoped they would make this a "Grimm's Fairytale" story time show, where actors come out and sort of: read stories out to children while costumed actors act out the scenes behind them. Kinda like the old days of the park.. maybe even have puppets.

It would have been so cute and so much fun to include the kids in the stories (much like the old Enchanted Laboratory used to do). For example: Asking the all the kids to interact with the story by reciting lines or miming trees blowing or rain falling.. etc.

Each performance could have been a different story: Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, Hansel & Gretel, Sleeping Beauty- etc. It would have given the actors a refreshing change through the day and given families another reason to Return at different times to Land of the Dragons. A perfect fit if you ask me. It also would give kids and parents a nice time to unwind and bring their focus to a calm story in between running around the play areas.

If only.

Besides- the area used to be called "Grimm's Hollow" way before your time. That was my days as a kid at the park.

Maybe an Imagination Movers type of show for the kids? Like a group of children's singers putting on a show, I think that would be cool. It's not a very big stage, so the show would have to be on a smaller scale.

Reactions: Nicole

Wow, I'm glad I'm not alone on this matter.

I just remembered that the theater was called 'A Dragons Tale' and that they had a few shows there around 2005-ish. I know one was called 'A Trio of Three' and another had something to do with wildlife (hence the maps currently up on the stage).

*Sighs* Ahh, it was a simpler time, when kids gathered 'round a simple stage for an enchanting show in such a magical, peaceful area...and then Elmo came along... I miss it when this area was at its prime (although SSFoF has certainly done a lot of good for the park overall)...

EDIT: Here is a very old post of Nora's she responded to me about quite a bit ago in a thread about former attractions:
Nora Wrote:
...about "Dragon's Tale Theater" in Land of the Dragons. The show was called "Forever Friends" and another was called "Knights, Dragons and Such" Another "A Trio of Three"

Below is an image I found of "A Trio of Three"
Link, the article about Land of the Dragons shows is just over halfway down the page

Nora said:
Besides, it is always creepy when adults go into a children's area with no kids; despite how innocent your intentions are.
Ha ha. I have a younger family member who enjoys the area (though he is losing interest in the area as he gets older, though)...I know exactly what you mean! :p

Attachments

• dragon guy.jpg
    dragon guy.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 48
From a very weird turn of events, this video somehow showed up on my "Recommended for You" bar on YouTube. It would appear that this was one of the latest--if not the latest--shows in the theater called "All Together Now"(?).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSMAiDaq9GA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY7wEaaL_Ew

This video is dated in 2007, so it's most likely the same one Kitty posted above, the one that utilized the large map. Now, I know this is just a kid's show, but it does not look very good. The three performers sing about the environment until the end, where the kids come up on stage with them. I distinctly remember a show with dragons and a knight who, I think, went on adventures. That seems to have fit the area better. Of course, this show is still better than no show at all. :-/

Finally, for the mods: should different threads be created for all of these shows in this little theater, or can discussion of all of them just fall here?

Reactions: Hoopla and Zachary
Joe said:
Wow, I'm glad I'm not alone on this matter.

I just remembered that the theater was called 'A Dragons Tale' and that they had a few shows there around 2005-ish.  I know one was called 'A Trio of Three' and another had something to do with wildlife (hence the maps currently up on the stage).

*Sighs*  Ahh, it was a simpler time, when kids gathered 'round a simple stage for an enchanting show in such a magical, peaceful area...and then Elmo came along...  I miss it when this area was at its prime (although SSFoF has certainly done a lot of good for the park overall)...

EDIT: Here is a very old post of Nora's she responded to me about quite a bit ago in a thread about former attractions:
Nora Wrote:
...about "Dragon's Tale Theater" in Land of the Dragons. The show was called "Forever Friends" and another was called "Knights, Dragons and Such" Another "A Trio of Three"

Below is an image I found of "A Trio of Three"
Link, the article about Land of the Dragons shows is just over halfway down the page

Nora said:
 Besides, it is always creepy when adults go into a children's area with no kids; despite how innocent your intentions are.
Ha ha.  I have a younger family member who enjoys the area (though he is losing interest in the area as he gets older, though)...I know exactly what you mean! :p

This is a video from 1997 with the actor from those pictures!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad