Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sounds like the park's D&E office needs to have a project coordinator to ensure all permitting is good to go/things are lined up for planned inspections.

I'm curious though - since this is a dining location in a theme park and not accessible without entering the park, what's all this about requiring a separate business license -wouldn't BGW's license cover it?

Reactions: filter
These kinda of failed inspections happen all the time seems like the inspector showed up and couldn’t find their on site contact so they marked it as a fail and moved on, they can request another inspection and with in a day or two get it and possibly pass as long as the work is good. Not 100 precent positive but my take is for contractors to conduct business in James city county they have to have a license with the county. My take away is when the inspector showed up and asked to do the inspection no one could say they did the work and prove they had a license so they failed it and moved on.

These kinda of failed inspections happen all the time seems like the inspector showed up and couldn’t find their on site contact so they marked it as a fail and moved on, they can request another inspection and with in a day or two get it and possibly pass as long as the work is good. Not 100 precent positive but my take is for contractors to conduct business in James city county they have to have a license with the county. My take away is when the inspector showed up and asked to do the inspection no one could say they did the work and prove they had a license so they failed it and moved on.
And my experience is these often aren’t scheduled time wise, just day wise. Opening the center I work in we failed an inspection 3 times. First time the inspector showed up at 10 after we were told a window of 1-4 and so no one was there. The next time the contractor was there, inspector showed up, but the inspector didn’t know we were not a retail store and failed us because TVs were on the wall and demo equipment was out, both of which he considered “for sale retail product”. The last time both the contractor and I were stuck in traffic, inspector got there before us, refused to wait 6 minutes for us to get there, failed us, and left.

I want to start with I work in the construction industry, when I say this means nothing I mean, this is totally normal standard disfunctionality between, contractors, inspectors and your local government. But I do have to say this instance it has now turned boarder line comical.

So in layman's terms here is what has appears to have most likely transpired, someone at bgw calls the county asks for an inspection they scheduled it, inspector shows up, either no one could find the sub contractors that were welding the exhaust hoods, or the sub contractor just wasn’t there, inspector fails them cancels the inspection and leaves, next day someone at bgw again calls the county schedules the inspection, the county then schedules it, fast forward to today before the inspector leaves to inspect this morning the county sees the previous fees from the last failed attempt have not been paid, the county then cancels this inspection.

I am now just as excited for them to pass the exhaust hoods as I am for squires to be completed.

Attachments

• IMG_8747.jpeg
    IMG_8747.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 56
This whole project seems really great and I hope it takes off when it opens. I really want BGW to see the same thing that KD saw that if they put in the effort people will want it, and it encourages them to continue remaking serving areas.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad