Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Nicole

and Team / Co
Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
We got the Fun Tracker last night and decided to post a short summary of what's new and what has returned on the BGWFans front page.  We also took the opportunity to provide this year's map for everyone. I pulled it all together earlier today, and we posted it this evening.

Anyway, if you are interested in a rundown of the event calendar check out the new article.

RE: 2016 Fun Tracker and Park Map

O8oCiMI.png
Hmm "EZpay Price Lock Guarantee" I wonder what that means...

EZpay FAQs said:
Q: How does your EZPay Price Lock Guarantee work? Does this mean I can keep my monthly rate even if the Pass prices go up next year?

A: Our EZpay Price Lock Guarantee is a great deal, and another way of rewarding our loyal Pass Members. Once your initial EZPay contract term is complete, we'll guarantee that your current monthly rate will stay fixed for up to sixty months (5 years) for as long as you keep your Pass active and in good standing - even if Pass prices go up. In fact, you can keep it locked for up to sixty months (5 years), and still cancel any time after your initial EZpay contract term is complete.

Source
EZpay Terms and Conditions said:
...If I permit this contract to renew automatically, and continue to pay my monthly payments on time, SEA will not increase my monthly payments prior to the fifth (5th) anniversary of the date that I sign this contract, but it reserves the right to do so in its sole discretion after such five (5) year period...

Source

Looks like SeaWorld Parks will now lock in your monthly EZpay rate for 5 years, and this is not just for BGW it seems. I wonder if this will help pass sales, and how it will effect current passmembers. Of note is that in the Fun Tracker, it's just barely mentioned; just an EZpay logo with the words "Price Lock Guarantee" underneath it.

I hope the guaranteed preferred parking before noon doesn't mean platinum pass-holders' days of entering through the employee gate and parking in England at any time are gone. This benefit alone, in time saved, is worth the price of the pass, especially during HOS and CT, in my opinion. Also it was a great advantage at WC to enter late and cruise past the almost-full lot to find a spot up close to the entrance. I'm not sure why the old system would be problematic in terms of cost but explicitly outlining this new policy gives me pause for concern.

I'm not sure either, but I think they simply can't guarantee that the prefered parking lot will have available spots after noon. It looks to me as if they are just repackaging it to look like a new benefit.

I guess we will all find out in a few weeks, regardless.

Reactions: Jesy

I'm a little concerned about this price lock guarantee. While its kind of always been the case I don't recall it ever having been in writing like this. I guess up until now they've always had the right to hike my EZPay price once the 1 year was up, they never have. I want to say I've had the same pass rate since probably 2008 if I remember correctly. With this new policy I'm afraid they may decide to hike my monthly rate

Maybe they did the math a realized how much money they are losing on their long-term pass members? I agree that is it terrible from our perspective, if they will only lock in our rates for five years at a time. That said, they are a business that has been struggling financially. Honestly, I am not aware of any precedent in the industry for locking in an annual pass rate for even five years, much less eternity. I'm surprised they even instituted the policy to begin with, and I can't justify being upset that they have limited it now.

Obviously, none of us have the actual numbers, but I would not be surprised, if this was motivated by an assessment that they need to increase income from ticket sales. If that is the case, however, I hope they also reign in the deals they have been running on Fun Passes over the past few years, like adding WCUSA for free.

I hope this isn't just a continuation of the recent trend of erosion of our pass member perks and benefits. There does seem to be emphasis in the Fun Tracker on pass members. So, either they are trying to reverse that trend, or they are trying to mitigate the impact of taking away one of our best benefits.

Anyway, enough speculation.

To be frank, I have always thought that any Ez-Pay price lock-in is ridiculous and in the past I have actually argued against it completely. I get long-term member benefits and whatnot–but they should be implemented in a way that doesn't involve dramatically underselling the property.

Even this five-year lock-in is overkill and I'm sure it is just the first step to removing the loophole entirely. And you know what? Thank goodness—the precedent itself should have never been set to begin with.

Reactions: Nicole

Right now I have platinum. We don't go to parks other than BGW/WC every year, but by having it locked in, it is worth keeping the platinum. It actually works out cheaper than switching between two parks and platinum as my plans would otherwise dictate.

But, if they didn't have the lock in, I would switch back and forth as needed. And, I'd be less inclined to plan trips to Sea World/BGT if I didn't already have the platinum, as opposed to having to switch passes.

That said, I understand the above mentioned reasons for the park changing this policy.

I guess, having it be 5 yr locks allows the best of both worlds. It encourages people like me to keep the platinum, and yet people won't be getting passes for prices from 20 years prior.

Reactions: Zachary

A couple of comments on the new map:

1. Tempesto looks twice as high as Apollo's

2. Someone new to the park may not realize how to get from Germany to New France. The old map made it clear there was a bridge. But, the new depiction of the bridge and more "accurate" Alpie make it not quite clear that there is a bridge there.

3. They should mark the path from Little Clydes to the Ireland bridge as a steep hill.

Connor said:
Le Scoot definitely looks different, also I have no memory of the arch on the map near Le Scoot.

I noticed that arch also. And, the pathway to Le Scoot is now depicted as a straight path, while before, it had a curve or hook in the path.

I wonder if this will reflect changes in the area for Project2017.

Think the path to the queue will be a bit different this year?

EZ pay wuz nevr grandfathered or guarented befor 0 if you read the termz.

thier jus now promising not to raise the price for fiv yrs

It might be that something in the system fell through and Busch has now fixed what ever problems there was and is able to bring it to public attention.

Reactions: jornor
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad