Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So, I have never found the portions small at KD, nor have I found the service demonstrably slower than at BGW. In fact, generally the lines at BGW are much worse.

Reactions: Zimmy and Mushroom
Nicole said:
So, I have never found the portions small at KD, nor have I found the service demonstrably slower than at BGW.  In fact, generally the lines at BGW are much worse.

I guess experiences may vary. I will say, The two times I've eaten at Borders, I got through the line in a timely fashion. I have yet to get through a line at Country Kitchen that took less than 20 minutes. Although, one of those times was pass member preview day, so I wasn't disgruntled about it. A couple times I got chicken legs that were no larger than most normal-sized chicken wings. Both times I have eaten at Wayside Grill, the wait times were nearly unbearable, and I got four half-slices of brisket (the equivalent of two regular slices at BGW (BGW normally puts 5-6 slices on their Brisket platter)) for $13.

During peak Haunt season last year they had only Victoria's, Pizza Parlor, and Country Kitchen open the day I went and the line for Pizza Parlor approached 1 hour.

I don't disagree with you, occasionally lines at peak-meal time at BGW look very intimidating, but the through-put is always pretty good. BGW has much less, but larger eateries than KD, so the crowd-to-restaurant ratio is significantly larger. I feel, however, Marco Polo's Marketplace has smoothed the kinks out now, and is probably the fastest, and in my opinion, definitely the easiest dining experience at both parks, even at peak meal time.

Reactions: Luke
I have...at boarders last year. Several times. I seem to always regret eating at Kings Dominion. Unless it's a special Chef Paul dish them I'm usually good.

tumblr_lkqkraG6741qhy6c9o1_400.gif

Reactions: Jrbgwfan06
Man you're right about those chicken legs at Country Kitchen Matthew. They are the puniest, most pathetic chicken legs I've ever encountered. (They taste good tho)

Reactions: Luke and Jrbgwfan06
Username said:
...You do understand that there are restaurants outside of theme parks....right? I could not imagine going to two theme parks in a day just for food.

All you have outside the park is nasty, overpriced BK and Denny's. Not a lot of options there.

Last time I was at the park, I just loaded up on snacks. Brought a bag of chips, trail mix nuts, a few Belvita cookies, bottled water, some rolls, and a few candies for something to eat while in line. Pretty much lasted all day on that and it wasn't bad.

^ There's plenty or restaurants in Ashland. Ponderosa(My favorite option after leaving KD and is only about 5 minutes away. Prices compare to KD but the food is much better

phurst said:
My wife and son and I were at the park yesterday, towards the end of the day. We were on our way out, and stopped at the "International" food stands under the Eiffel Tower just to see what they were offering. We ran into Chef Paul, who handed us several "Sample" tickets to use at the stands. Man, everything we tried was delicious! What a contrast after eating at Border Cafe for lunch and Country Kitchen for dinner. Why can't ALL the food in the park be that good, or even half that good? For what they charge to eat there, the food quality is still my biggest issue with the park. We hit BG and KD regularly (we have the KD dining plan, so we eat there all the time), and the difference between the two just blows me away every time. I enjoy eating at BG, I deal with the fact that I have to eat at KD. I'm hoping with time, the quality we experienced at those little food stands will spread throughout the park.

On my last visit to KD (Been 4 times so far this season) I ate at Country Kitchen for the first time. I was really impressed. Got the pulled pork sandwich and thought it was great. Will probably only eat there, Dinner Bell, and Hungry Hippo from now on.

Reactions: Mushroom
Zimmy said:
Ponderosa still exists???

Yup, and that one in Ashland is where one of the victims of the DC Sniper was shot. The I-95 Corridor from Richmond to DC was closed for hours after that. Many people who went to KD that day were stuck in the parking lot overnight if they didn't get to leave before the shooting occurred.

Also, there's a Ponderosa on I-Drive in Orlando that stays crazy busy with all the tourists and conventioners.

Sorry to get off topic but the sniper shootings are abit close hearted to me. My mother and father both left Ponderosa 5 minutes before the brutal event took place. I could only imagine the thoughts that were going threw their head when they found out what happened only 5 minutes after they left the place were the shootings occurred.

I was at the park this past weekend. They now offer fresh fruit or a pouch of applesauce as a substitute for a side at most (all?) restaurants. For example at Borders you can get an applesauce instead of the chips.

Reactions: Luke and Mushroom
Someone mentioned ordering a meal without the drink, but can you order sandwiches and burgers only -- without the fries and drink?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad