Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I would appreciate MORE dedicated park history posts of many more parks! These are amazing!
I was hoping to do some posts based around Six Flags Great America in their section because that's my home park and I've been going there all my life, and so have my parents, but I didn't know if anyone was interested in that sort of thing lol.

I just wanna say as somebody who has never visited Great Adventure (I hope to change that in the next couple years), I absolutely enjoy visiting GreatAdvetureHistory just because of how well documented it is. Just the amount of information and pictures there are for every attraction before, current and after, even for the defunct attractions, is really fascinating. For those that are responsible for it, I commend you guys highly.

I was hoping to do some posts based around Six Flags Great America in their section because that's my home park and I've been going there all my life, and so have my parents, but I didn't know if anyone was interested in that sort of thing lol.
Harry & I always wanted to expand beyond Great Adventure with "SixFlagsHistory.com" if we could find people to create content for the other parks. I'd still love to see that happen.

The way we got started was on a Great Adventure forum when I posted old photos and historic information. Harry did the same. We realized between the two of us we wanted to learn/collect/explain it all and launched the site and published the books. If you have things like that, start a thread about the park's history. You never know when someone else will have the same interest...

Unfortunately Stephen from GreatAmericaParks.com seems to have stepped back from his postings, but his site still has some amazing Great America historic info.

As part of Great Adventure's 50th they've been selling bricks to re-open Dream Street where it had been closed for more than 30 years. Several people purchased bricks to honor Harry's memory and honor his hard work on the site, and I only know who one of the purchasers was. The others remain a mystery, and today I received a replica brick in the mail unexpectedly and I don't know who purchased it.

441218381_1244108430052927_2656407928495643041_n.jpg

This is a public Thank You to those who were so generous.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad