Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Saw on Facebook this is closed as they prepare for Howl-o-scream. It looked like cups had been removed. Anyone heard of them using this for the even?

I'm not sure on the specifics but I do recall there being a house in that location over the years.

I believe it's also been used as a WF venue for stuff like meet and greets and/or pictures though that I'm less sure about. The old Coke stand definitely got more use for that event that I can recall.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Turkish Delight has never been used for a house location. I believe the very front of the building might have been used as a meet-and-greet space during a Christmas Town or two, but it never impacted the ride area.

The only time I can remember that a special event significantly impacted this location was in the early 2000s when Turkish Delight was enclosed and fitted with special effects to run as "Twisted Terror." A similar overlay was also employed for Tradewinds.

Turkish Delight has never been used for a house location. I believe the very front of the building might have been used as a meet-and-greet space during a Christmas Town or two, but it never impacted the ride area.

The only time I can remember that a special event significantly impacted this location was in the early 2000s when Turkish Delight was enclosed and fitted with special effects to run as "Twisted Terror." A similar overlay was also employed for Tradewinds.

Perhaps that's what I'm recalling - they had giant tarps up around the outside so you couldn't see inside and I had heard that they had removed the ride cars and kettle, and placed a temporary floor above spinning ride platform. But this was perhaps a decade or more ago when it happened so hard to remember exactly.

Reactions: Zachary and Mwe BGW
Maybe they’re bringing back what was mentioned above, about the ride being enclosed?

They were putting up “closed due to low temperature” signs a week or so ago, so I think maybe some employees read as far as “closed”, and wipe their hands of it.

Happy Well Done GIF

Edited to add this from the BGW Insiders FB page dated 8/4/2023:
Verbolten Cold Weather Closed.jpg

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad