Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 6, 2022
At the park now there are about 8 stacks of wood to the side of i305 under black tarps. Could we be getting a new woodie soon šŸ˜???

At the park now there are about 8 stacks of wood to the side of i305 under black tarps. Could we be getting a new woodie soon šŸ˜???

Possibly, but it could also be used for various other construction, actual landscaping projects, or retracting/maintaining an existing ride.

Or fireworks...

Possibly, but it could also be used for various other construction, actual landscaping projects, or retracting/maintaining an existing ride.

Or fireworks...
Treated lumber according to a gentleman who had a very expensive camera with a eyepiece on it. The piles are too large to just be landscaping and they have been adding more over the last 3 weeks Iā€™ve noticed

Probably more off season Grizzly work.
Why would KD store the wood all the way on the other side the park from the Grizzly? I would think the materials would be staged almost adjacent to the ride. The park has all that back stage storage area parallel to the service road. Maybe the wood is for re-tracking more of the Racer 75; or, maybe for something else?

the tarp does not totally cover the stacks. Also the gentleman with the camera didnā€™t give me permission to use his name or info but he has a popular YouTube channel.

This seems kinda made up, if anyone is visiting soon and can get a picture from the Eiffel Tower, maybe we can truly discover what they are doing.

• Dislike
Reactions: GoHokies87
Racer could use some more retracking too, so it may well be for that, and I'm all for it. But I hope it's also for more retracking on Grizzly, or in any case that they will be doing that as well. Especially given that it will be closed at Haunt, so they have the chance to do it.

Racer could use some more retracking too, so it may well be for that, and I'm all for it. But I hope it's also for more retracking on Grizzly, or in any case that they will be doing that as well. Especially given that it will be closed at Haunt, so they have the chance to do it.
Iā€™d be willing to bet this is what itā€™s for. Although I do wish Grizzly would get new trains too.

Maybe, but also it seems the closest access roads to Grizzly are near the old Dinosaurs Alive area than on the other side of the park.

My guess is either R75 lumber getting acclimated or for park infrastructure work of some sort... Remodeling/repairing existing structures that doesn't require permits?

Reactions: Coasternerd
Grizzly retracking is happening. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s the wood they are using, but it is happening. According to kdfanatics
Noticed today it said it was closed for the season too bad they didnā€™t retrack it for its 40th birthday this year

It may seem obvious now, but for those who havenā€™t been to KD as of recent: is this the wood being used on the Grizzly retrack or is this wood for something else?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad