Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Root of All Evil (2012 to Present)

Connor said:
Hopefully it's all about a garden gone wrong evil and not a hodgepodge of aliens and gardens. It's either plants and zombies or aliens!

Root Of All Evil 2014: Plants Vs. Zombies

I really would prefer they go back to the theme from the first year of the maze but amped up a bit more. It has potential.

The concept of the original theme was great but the execution was total crap. Last year the theme was dumb but the execution improved considerably.

Reactions: Mushroom

I'm totally missing the appeal of the first year's theme. We knew via leaks what the house's story was meant to be but none of that ended up being executed in any way, shape, or form. I'd hardly consider it to be the theme of the house in its first year.

Maybe we can agree that we liked the park's original story concept for the house on paper?

That Pretzel Kaiser said, I don't mean go back to Home Depot but go back to a crazy garden thats gone evil. Lady of the Gardens etc.

Reactions: Mushroom

On paper, a house featuring the Lady of the Garden with a fourth wall break sounds fantastic, which is why I like the concept of the first year more. The second year was "Aliens".

Part of the problem with the lady of the Gardens is that the make up would have been so difficult to apply. Either they would need a professional makeup artist, or an actor with the really great make up skills. Instead, it looks like they used silicone masks. This would have been a great alternative, but it ended up looking very cheap. Different people have different face structures. Faces have different bone and muscular structures. Sometimes, a well-designed mask that envelops the entire head of the person can make this work very well. For a great example of a properly made mask, look at the mask that they used for the "Goblin King" in Cavern of Darkness.
Even there, It was all about trial and error. Also, they need to have statues!

Attachments

• photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 27
  • photo 7.JPG
    photo 7.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 34

I remember the Goblin King liked to hang outside of the entrance of the house, am I correct? Also who remembers the hilarious lawnmower scare from year one of root? That thing was hilarious!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad