Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 16, 2016
Ok, so I'm working on a way to take a rumor, turn it into a concept. It's going to take some time because I'm going to work on making a simulation of the main attraction. So it's going to be a concept that develops with time.

But I'm going to start with the part that I hand drew the past week.

The main walkway into the area:
view

A main area entry, designed to look like a Spanish architecture front. I know the spire to the right is a landmark from Barcelona and not Madrid, but it's a regional feel that I'm going for. The area is going to explode with color, energy, and celebration. The main entry to this area shows that with color and brightness. The posts in bright teal, the peeking holes up above will be backlit with bright neon lights at night. The cursive thin lettering at night backlit with that bright yellow. The top of the archway will light up with the design, in daytime translucent, at night lined with LED's that shine the light through with color. The top of the spire lighting up in white and blue. The gaps on the bottom would have LED's shining up the spire at night bringing it to life.

My other part of artwork is the entry to the coaster:
view

Cuélebre
Cuélebre (Asturian) or Culebre (Cantabrian), is a giant winged serpent-dragon of the Asturian and Cantabrian mythology, that lives in a cave, guards treasures and keeps xanas / anjanas as prisoners. Although they are immortal, they grow old as the time goes by and their scales become thick and impenetrable, and bat wings grow in their bodies. They don't usually move, and when they do it, it is in order to eat cattle and people. One can kill the cuélebre giving him as meal a red-hot stone or a bread full of pins. Its spit it is said to turn into a magic stone which heals many diseases.

This is the entry to the new coaster for the area. As seen above, Cuelebre is a myth on the northern coast of Spain. The arch hints at the dangers ahead, with the eye of the dragon eye poking through an opening in the rock. In the day time this looks dangerous enough. But at night, the yellow of the eye lights up, the name in deep blue, and the ends of fiber lights in the rocks giving it a mystical look. Almost a next level earryness of the BfE sign.

The path, lined with torches, and looking like an expedition. The story of the ride, is at the end of Celebration every year, a select few are chosen to go to the caves in search of Cuelebre for it's magical stones to heal the sick. All before have never returned. As you get closer you go indoors, into a deep cave looking area, where you hear the roars of the area.

The ride is soon to come. I'll add a few other things soon, but I might not get to draw or design anything.

Attachments

• 6D31EE5E-AF1B-45D1-BD2B-103DADCEC6C0.jpeg
    6D31EE5E-AF1B-45D1-BD2B-103DADCEC6C0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 78FFF88E-46C2-4E36-B85E-90543F24EC57.jpeg
    78FFF88E-46C2-4E36-B85E-90543F24EC57.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Seems as though my attempt to put the pictures into the post as an imbed went....poorly.

Nothing brings out my inner nerd more than a concepts thread! I look forward to reading more of your ideas and seeing your concept pictures.

Just one question though: the ride won't include actually killing the Cuelebre, will it? Yes, I realize it's a myth and the thing isn't even real, but the animal lover in me doesn't want to see any animals killed, even if they are mythological! Also, it seems that escaping the Cuelebre rather than killing it would go well with the theme of other rides. For example, riders escape Nessie rather than killing her, and it was the same for the Big Bad Wolf. Hell, even King Ludwig was still alive at the end of DarKastle, and that dude deserved to be locked up at the very least.

Am I way overthinking this? Absolutely. But in my defense, concept threads are a great place for overthinking every last detail!

Reactions: jornor
Lolers said:
Nothing brings out my inner nerd more than a concepts thread! I look forward to reading more of your ideas and seeing your concept pictures.

Just one question though: the ride won't include actually killing the Cuelebre, will it? Yes, I realize it's a myth and the thing isn't even real, but the animal lover in me doesn't want to see any animals killed, even if they are mythological! Also, it seems that escaping the Cuelebre rather than killing it would go well with the theme of other rides. For example, riders escape Nessie rather than killing her, and it was the same for the Big Bad Wolf. Hell, even King Ludwig was still alive at the end of DarKastle, and that dude deserved to be locked up at the very least.

Am I way overthinking this? Absolutely. But in my defense, concept threads are a great place for overthinking every last detail!

Definitely not. The story of my ride is going to be coming, but no killing isn’t involved.

Reactions: jornor and ..…
Alright, I'm going to continue onto something else with the area: Food.

So, a sit down table service restaurant, called "Matadors". Based on some seafood flair (let's take advantage of the area). I would like to see a good Gazpacho on the menu. A fideua, paella, fabada, migas, and an appetizer tapas bar. Basically the sit down service is set all around true traditional foods. This isn't the Americanized style of the food.

The standard tray service is a really cool look IMO. I'll work on some artwork for this in a bit, but stick with me here: Food Trucks. Traditionally BGW has about 5 lines all with the same thing. I'm thinking like Marco Polo, the trucks just keep putting the food up and you grab and go. So the different trucks:
Churnada = Churro's and Empanada's for desert.
Cerdo-to-go = Chorizo and a variety of forms
Calamar = calamari and seafood
Mako's Taco's = traditional shrimp, fish, and pork taco's
Spiced Stuff = Stuffed peppers with a variety of fillings
Tequilla-rita = Spanish beers, Mexican beers, and margarita's

Also available would be some soda's from that part of the world.

I really think a traditional table service restaurant is a good investment for the park, as it really sets them with something new. The idea of the food truck was to give a street party feeling, to go in with the overall theme of Celebration. The entertainment is going to be open, so all the seats is going to face the main throughway.

Okay, I very much like the idea of “Carnival Madrid”. I’ve been pondering various concepts for how the park could incorporate traditional Spain into the focused old-European theme, assuming “Project Madrid” is even related to Spain or Madrid in any way. I hope you don’t mind if I build on this some.

Intamin Blitz Coaster

The focus attraction of the hamlet is a high intensity launched Intamin Blitz Coaster very much like Maverick at Cedar Point more so than Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens in Tampa. I don’t have more than a layout and undeveloped theme for this ride.

The ride has 6 blocks allowing 5 train operation and features a duel station. Each train is three cars long. It begins by shooting up an LSM lift hill followed by a very quick beyond vertical drop. Immediately after, is a fairly tight left overbank and a zero-g-stall turning riders upside down above the railroad and Colonial Pipeline easement simultaneously. An ejector airtime hill and low right turn by guest paths, tunnel and heartline roll under the station follow. A Stengel Dive over the railroad and low left turn lead the riders into an underground tunnel. This tunnel is directly beneath the lift hill and station. Inside, the ride brakes then launches 70mph before making a very quick left turn to a straight trim brake run over guest pathway. The ride banks heavily to the right and dives into the woods, into the ravine behind the Teatro di San Marco and under the new bridge. The ride enters an uphill, double barrel roll finale and hits the final brakes.

EgC1W

Before the Colonial Pipeline is mentioned, I gave a 25’ radius buffer around the center of the easement, which is about where I saw trees were cut back to. I do not know the regulation for structures spanning or near the easement but no footers for the coaster are within 25’ of the pipeline. If that is wrong, then my layout would have to be rethought.

Upon hearing the “Carnival Madrid” idea, it made me think to theme the whole area to Carnival del Toro and theme the coaster to Bullfighting, which seems fitting. The bridge entering the new area from San Marco would have a view of the coaster, perhaps with banners hung in the ride’s supports up high and a view of the 315’ tower swing ride which is the other focus attraction of the area.

Anyways, I like your concept! I just wanted to get a coaster layout out there and your theme somewhat fit.

So, going off the idea I floated of the entertainment being in the open (and I'll get to putting a picture to this soon). The area where the food trucks are would be a 'plaza' area designed to replicate:
palacio_real.jpg

In the center of this area a circular stage (like in Ireland, but bigger), string lights above the entire area strung up, colorful trees, and employees in bright colors.

On this center stage, a show titled "Angel de Celebracion". The story is about the Angel of Celebracion coming to being joy to all the people of Madrid. The opening will be a dance number. Followed by a small band coming to the stage, and then there would be music, singing, and dancing. Think more OktoberZest with less exposition (AKA not explaining every little thing they do) and more just music and dancing.

I would hope that at night time, instead of there being a show, the stage opens up as a dance floor, and music, lights, and fun just flows. I would be setting this so that if they continue to do fireworks, the building would be a great frame to watch the fireworks from the plaza.

Peej1212 said:
There is some serious thought put into this warfelg. I really love some of your ideas.

Definitely not done. Weekend trip is putting a damper on progress. I want to create the framework blueprint of the Carnival Madrid hamlet so there’s a general sense of space before going into anything else. E

Ok, so I'm doing the next stage I wanted to do, which is the framework blueprint with what I've talked about so far.

The pink is the paths, black is the pipeline.

Neon green is an expansion to the current train station, allowing for exit only on that side, with a pedestrian bridge over the pipeline and access road. An expansion of the path straight back from the bridge, going through the plaza building.

The red is the Plaza with the party, and the light blue there is the food truck eatery. I backed it up to the Marco Polo backstage to make use of that area and not have to build a second backstage for that. In the 'dead end' to Festa Italia would be a second entrance to Carnival Madrid, and by linking the two hamlets, neither are dead ends. Then I would move the access road to the back stables to cross over the path where the railroad tracks cross over.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1_oqvsVI8QsPEHaQPyhSvRp7OQCNM5T-ZCouBE2H_VIg/edit?usp=sharing

Great idea to eliminate the dead ends. I think that's one of the reasons Festa seems to get forgotten about relative to other hamlets, and Festa could use some love. (And in my opinion, some upgrades.)

Lolers said:
Great idea to eliminate the dead ends. I think that's one of the reasons Festa seems to get forgotten about relative to other hamlets, and Festa could use some love. (And in my opinion, some upgrades.)

Yea. I would have to say if I had one big 'annoyance' with the park that would be it. Otherwise I love that it's a logical loop. And I know this would kinda make San Marco a bit of a 'skippable' area, but I think it's different feel would still make it a draw, along with the kids rides being right there.

I'm adding a little more with the map today. I got an extra path, making the entire hamlet a loop. I got part of the path looping out a bit, a really cool thing I'm planning on is looping the coaster under that as a head chop element on the drop, and for the people walking around the picture op might be the 2nd best to Nessies loops in the park. The light blue is some shops and snack stands. The dark purple. A multipurpose use space, with restrooms at one side of the space (far end from CP), and mostly just a front to have a "Wine & Food" event in there, other events, a HOS maze, and CT space.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1_oqvsVI8QsPEHaQPyhSvRp7OQCNM5T-ZCouBE2H_VIg/edit?usp=sharing

Reactions: ..… and jornor
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad