Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Small mention but this article states:
"Guests returning this spring will notice several fresh additions to the park’s landscape. A brand-new retail location, Destination Hershey, has opened across from the Fahrenheit roller coaster, offering apparel and souvenirs that celebrate the history of the town. Meanwhile, the Coaster Collectables shop has moved to a new home in the Founder’s Way region."

"For a quick cool-down, a second Rita’s Italian Ice location has been added near the Chick-fil-A patio in Founder’s Way."
 
Went yesterday for opening day. Nice to see them running Candymonium and the Carousel early, while the rest of the park was waiting for rope drop:
IMG_3613.jpeg

New Coaster Collectables shop opened where the Surfside Styles shop was in years past:
IMG_3616.jpeg IMG_3618.jpeg IMG_3619.jpeg IMG_3620.jpeg IMG_3621.jpeg

Here's a look at the Boardwalk progress. Second photo shows new a new cabana location:
IMG_3629.jpeg IMG_3628.jpeg

Destination Hershey shop is just OK, lots of generic Hershey town merch in here:
IMG_3631.jpeg IMG_3632.jpeg IMG_3633.jpeg IMG_3634.jpeg

There's a new Boba tea trailer, I didn't see a menu or pricing:
IMG_3637.jpeg

New Rita's location has gone in across from Music Box Theatre. A huge upgrade to an empty stage or awkward fence that was here in years past:
IMG_3638.jpeg IMG_3639.jpeg

Behind Music Box Theatre, Path of Shadows: Coven's Curse is hanging out for now. Hopefully this goes in a better spot this year for Dark Nights:
IMG_3640.jpeg

Looks like Subway has closed across from 1906; the other two locations are still open. Fingers crossed we either get something new here, or they move Simply Chocolate over to this more prominent location:
IMG_3648.jpeg IMG_3647.jpeg

Oola Bowls has moved to the opposite side of 1906 from last year. Troegs is still there but reduced in size:
IMG_3643.jpeg IMG_3642.jpeg

Back on the other side, it looks like they are still working on a replacement for Oola Bowls. The Pepsi Refill space has shifted down a bit, and the self-service snack kiosks are gone.
IMG_3646.jpeg

1906 Grill itself got a small refresh and has an outdoor queue now. We will see if this evolves because it still looks tempoaray.
IMG_3644.jpeg

Last photos are from outside the Stadium in guest-facing areas. Still some work to be done on the Stadium enhancement and there's a new black fence around the whole complex that is still being worked on. Not sure if these cabins are considered overnight accommodations or just "day-use cabanas" for concerts (or both?):
IMG_3655.jpeg IMG_3656.jpeg IMG_3657.jpeg
 
I mean assuming the price is a step bellow the hershey lodge and hotel hershey I'm fine with it. I've stayed at hotel hershey once and while its and INCREDIBLE hotel its so gd expensive. I usually stay at the hampton inn to try and save money, but if this is a cheaper option that has a shuttle to the park.....I like it and might even consider staying.
 
I mean assuming the price is a step bellow the hershey lodge and hotel hershey I'm fine with it. I've stayed at hotel hershey once and while its and INCREDIBLE hotel its so gd expensive. I usually stay at the hampton inn to try and save money, but if this is a cheaper option that has a shuttle to the park.....I like it and might even consider staying.
Just for fun I put in Mid-June, weekend 2 nights, 2 adults, 2 kids and this is the price all priced per night:
Standard Double Queen/Premium King $529
Family Suite: $929

Hampton Inn Same weekend same setup:
1 King bed $376
Suite King $459

Priceline:
Holiday Inn 2 Queen: $303
SureStay 2 Double Beds: $238
SureStay Suite: $438

Hotel Hershey:
$699-799 for RAC room rates
Hersheypark Package: $958 (includes tickets for 2 days to HP)

EDIT:
There's a lot of detail of what you get for what you pay. I'm on a seminar all week so can't spend too much time on details. But Hershey Inn and Suits has some unique things with bunk beds, others have kitchenettes, various amenities. That will be mostly up to your situation and what you need out of it. But it certainly looks to have a big premium due to the Hershey name.
 
Last edited:
After seeing those prices, I’m just counting down the days for when a Hyatt opens in the area so I can use my reward nights for a HP overnight stay finally.
Just of note don't take that as gospel. I had to use the last weekend of July to get a weekend all those places had availability. So likely some dynamic pricing at play. But yea....that pricing is UP there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: michaellynn4
Just for fun I put in Mid-June, weekend 2 nights, 2 adults, 2 kids and this is the price all priced per night:
Standard Double Queen/Premium King $529
Family Suite: $929

Hampton Inn Same weekend same setup:
1 King bed $376
Suite King $459

Priceline:
Holiday Inn 2 Queen: $303
SureStay 2 Double Beds: $238
SureStay Suite: $438

Hotel Hershey:
$699-799 for RAC room rates
Hersheypark Package: $958 (includes tickets for 2 days to HP)

EDIT:
There's a lot of detail of what you get for what you pay. I'm on a seminar all week so can't spend too much time on details. But Hershey Inn and Suits has some unique things with bunk beds, others have kitchenettes, various amenities. That will be mostly up to your situation and what you need out of it. But it certainly looks to have a big premium due to the Hershey name.
I will admit it's more than I was hoping it to be, but when you factor in the fact that you also get admission to the park plus with the shuttle you don't have to pay for parking....I can see a scenario where I consider it. I won't lie though there's definitely a Hershey name tax you pay for this which I guess is to be expected.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad