Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zachary I am now 99% convinced it's real.

Look at the shadow of the coaster in the video.

Screenshot_20191124-201600.png

This was posted way before we had the actual cars.

Screenshot_20191124-201715.png

Looks way too accurate to just be a lucky guess, right?

Another guess is it was done by Intamin as an in-house pov done prior to the naming..the logo was added after SEAS made up their mind. They used the same music as they used for the PA demo. I don't know enough about NL2 to know whether you are stuck with pre rendered supports or can make your own. Perhaps the ones used at BGW aren't available in the software.

Also, I guess look at the PA presentation and see if the quality is the same.

Reactions: wxsam20
Somebody on Reddit just posted a link to what looks like an official POV

The interesting thing is the video was uploaded 3 months ago and somehow nobody found it until now.
Guys this is very clearly a fake video. The bridge over the launch is the biggest giveaway. It's nowhere to be seen in the plans. Also that video gives the impression that the land is flat for the entire ride which it isn't. Those are just two of the biggest reasons. If this was real and made by the park then I'd be very disappointed. This looks like someone just tried to replicate it in NL2 to me

@Zachary I am now 99% convinced it's real.

Look at the shadow of the coaster in the video.

View attachment 18892

This was posted way before we had the actual cars.

View attachment 18893

Looks way too accurate to just be a lucky guess, right?

The car for Pantheon and the PA coaster are virtually identical. The only difference is in the coloration. Also the concept art shows the same style of coaster car just in a solid color. So it's likely the car design was just copied from one of those two sources.

@FoozMuz has really convincing evidence to say that this is the POV used to create the marketing promo video. I have to agree that it's definitely the model used to create the promo video. Bravo on the detective work Fooz!

I'd call that far from definitive. It's also just as likely that the person who made this video just based it off of what could be seen on the promo video.

It looks extremely high rendered and detailed. I don’t know why someone who made that would just upload it to Vimeo for no one to see instead of YouTube.

Vimeo doesn't compress videos as much as YouTube so a video will automatically look higher in quality on Vimeo.

I'm guessing this incorrect design for the plaza/bridge is the reason they have not released it, and the reason that that section of track is either not shown or is obscured in every shot of the promo.

I feel like another reason that this could be real is that the drop toward the river is shaped just like in real life with it not reaching 95 until really far down.

Reactions: Le Moose
I hope the Themings real honestly. Kinda frustrates me that people were complaining about it potentially having no theming, then get mad when it might actually have some.

The explanation that this version of the ride was created for the original promo content makes most sense. Supports are definitely incorrect and the overall scale of the ride seem to be off as well. Highly doubt it came from Intamin, but the uploader appears to be this guy:
1574646259753.png
So it appears to be some middle ground between official and unofficial. Weird. I'd kill for that plaza at the base of the spike though?

I hope the Themings real honestly. Kinda frustrates me that people were complaining about it potentially having no theming, then get mad when it might actually have some.

The public filings say that the plaza, as depicted, and that bridge don't exist. I'd be thrilled if they did, but as of now, it seems FAR more likely that this stuff was either cut or a remnant of a previous design (possibly one in which Pantheon connected to Da Vinci Gardens instead of Festa...?)

Last edited:
Another guess is it was done by Intamin as an in-house pov done prior to the naming..the logo was added after SEAS made up their mind. They used the same music as they used for the PA demo. I don't know enough about NL2 to know whether you are stuck with pre rendered supports or can make your own. Perhaps the ones used at BGW aren't available in the software.

Also, I guess look at the PA presentation and see if the quality is the same.

You can pretty much custom make whatever you want in NL2.

Hopefully the bridge and plaza there, if it existed and was cancelled, is indicative of a budget they can use with the current configuration to make things nice.

Reactions: ijerngvidsnvk
The explanation that this version of the ride was created for the original promo content makes most sense. Supports are definitely incorrect and the overall scale of the ride seem to be off as well. Highly doubt it came from Intamin, but the uploader appears to be this guy:
View attachment 18898
So it appears to be some middle ground between official and unofficial. Weird. I'd kill for that plaza at the base of the spike though?
I actually know Karl. This doesn't seem like something he would do. It just seems weird that he would have created an account on Vimeo just to upload this.

But I do agree that it also seems equally unlikely that someone else just used his name to create an account to post this video.

The public filings say that the plaza, as depicted, and that bridge don't exist. I'd be thrilled if they did, but as of now, it seems FAR more likely that this stuff was either cut or a remnant of a previous design (possibly one in which Pantheon connected to Da Vinci Gardens instead of Festa...?
Let's hope it's the same design just in a different spot?

I think it has the potential to be real due to the poor quality of recent SEAS announcements, but it should look something more like this.
starflyer-texas-skyscreamer-six-flags-over-texas-arlington-texas-funtime-ride-entertainment-vertical-thrill-ride-guinness-world-record-727x1024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad