Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone who gave feedback on the ride and its potential after the soft opening. I guess I just rooted so hard for this after months of watching its development, however its good to know these different perspectives and reserve judgments for the end of April/May and see how it pans out. This is a dynamic try-out for Busch, and I'm glad they are doing something different - hopefully the execution can be smoothed so the greatest number of people enjoy this one for years to come.

Here's a thought I just had. Since it's just a movie and motion mapping (yeah, 'just')...

How neat would it be to ride along with Santa Clause during Christmas Town? Visit a bunch of countries (seeing their decorations) while delivering presents? Land back in Busch Gardens "just in time to put out the milk and cookies and go to bed".

I think with some movie development money, they could do a lot with this. Maybe the emerald mask doesn't fit the theme, but surely an evergreen mask would. Point being, this has the ability to be swapped out overnight to a different theme, if desired.

whanna said:
Here's a thought I just had. Since it's just a movie and motion mapping (yeah, 'just')...

How neat would it be to ride along with Santa Clause during Christmas Town? Visit a bunch of countries (seeing their decorations) while delivering presents? Land back in Busch Gardens "just in time to put out the milk and cookies and go to bed".

I think with some movie development money, they could do a lot with this. Maybe the emerald mask doesn't fit the theme, but surely an evergreen mask would. Point being, this has the ability to be swapped out overnight to a different theme, if desired.
This would be a game changer for BGW to be able to market a Christmas ride, not just a show or meet and greet but a ride. The preshows are already set up to be great Christmas themes, the giant fireplace and then the giant book to show the Night before Christmas with elves giving the safety information. Literally changing out show programs and the two preshow videos and throwing up a couple Christmas trees and some cinnamon smells and you would have a heck of a Christmas ride and I would imaging a huge line to ride!

It's a good idea, but I think there might be an issue with the kids. The height requirement is 42in, one of the highest in the park. Since the demographic for CT is more skewed towards families with small kids and grandparents, I'm really not sure an extreme VR ride is the right fit for CT.

Pretzel Kaiser said:
It's a good idea, but I think there might be an issue with the kids.  The height requirement is 42in, one of the highest in the park.  Since the demographic for CT is more skewed towards families with small kids and grandparents, I'm really not sure an extreme VR ride is the right fit for CT.
They could actually turn off the movement and it would still be a great attraction, heck even if there wasn't VR it would be a great addition for CT. Also, I wouldn't call it an extreme at all....im actually surprised the height requirement hasn't changed.

I'm sure old people and toddlers can handle VR just fine. To clarify, that was sarcasm.

Doctors recommend that kids under the age of seven don't do 3D tech as it could effect eye development and have you ever tried to help old people with tech support? It's not great. An Xmas walk through attraction through the area would be fine, but I believe the tech isn't accessable to those who are the bread and butter for CT.

Reactions: UncleDuncan
Maybe it isn't for everyone, and I did not consider the height requirement (manufacturer imposed).
Then, well, let's use a Krampus theme - I think SOMEONE has requested a Krampus HOS house, here you go. Now mom and dad can tell the kids it's too scary, they don't want to ride it (that fixes the 42" requirement).

You could potentially set one theater to no motion/no VR, just have a big Christmas delivery movie playing. The second theater could have the height restriction due to using VR and motion. Now, operationally this would be difficult, queuing two different rides through the same line. Even Mission: Mars has two different queues for the green vs orange experiences.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
I don't think the park can't use that space, but I think they have to be careful what they do just to make sure what they do appeals to the proper demographic. KD has their own Xmas be event now and it sounds like they will have more to offer to those seeking thrills. Just saying they should play to their strengths.

That being said, a HoS overlay could be amazing and genuinely scary.

Reactions: wombat96
I agree, turn off the motion and VR, just have it as a stationary movie where you ride on Santas sleigh in Busch Gardens and take a trip to the North Pole, take a quick workshop tour with the head elf then back to the park with the big man himself. If they use the fans that could give the illusion of movement without actually moving. In fact if the ride system is non operational they could even skip the seatbelt process, saving time for load and unload. Add another 4K projector and they wouldn't even have to alter the BfE show program, it could literally run alone and be nothing more than a video playing. Do like Mach Tower and have an alternate ride for the holidays that is meant for everyone. They could also add another meet and greet with the Elf. This would give even those that visit the park often another reason to "ride".

Reactions: deacfan31
whanna said:
Maybe it isn't for everyone, and I did not consider the height requirement (manufacturer imposed).
Then, well, let's use a Krampus theme - I think SOMEONE has requested a Krampus HOS house, here you go. Now mom and dad can tell the kids it's too scary, they don't want to ride it (that fixes the 42" requirement).

You could potentially set one theater to no motion/no VR, just have a big Christmas delivery movie playing. The second theater could have the height restriction due to using VR and motion. Now, operationally this would be difficult, queuing two different rides through the same line. Even Mission: Mars has two different queues for the green vs orange experiences.

SeaWorld had an area showing the polar Express movie without the simulation effects for smaller children and the simulator for 42 inches and over at the wild Artic several years ago. Same movie without the motion.

mountaineers said:
whanna said:

SeaWorld had an area showing the polar Express movie without the simulation effects for smaller children and the simulator for 42 inches and over at the wild Artic several years ago.  Same movie without the motion.
But they need an all original movie for this to be appealing. They played Rudolph last year for CT and I hardly ever saw anyone in there watching the show, the few people that I did see were just using the seats to take a break.

On some social media sites, apparently the park is throwing a "Battle for Eire Fest" this weekend to celebrate the ride's official opening. That sounds fun. :)

Lord Robert said:
On some social media sites, apparently the park is throwing a "Battle for Eire Fest" this weekend to celebrate the ride's official opening. That sounds fun. :)
I don't mind them doing that, it was fun for Invdar but it is disappointing they don't involve the "characters" after the opening.

Reactions: Lord Robert
Email for "official" opening, Kid's Weekend at the same time, and an extra day to play on Monday with short hours.

Attachments

• BfE Opens.jpg
    BfE Opens.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 26
So just something observational that I find a little funny:
In project Madrid thread there's complaints about a lack of attractions for the 42" group.

In here, there's complaints that 42" is too high.

On facebook the other day, on a page for Hersheypark, parents were complaining about height stuff and how at the doctor office their kid measured one height but at the park the didn't fit the needs for the ride despite the height.

As I have kids I'm sure I'll better understand the complaints, but as a non-parent I can't help but shake my head and wonder why to some a kid a little upset is more important than safety.

EDIT:
I won't say where I was to protect the park because this wasn't there problem. But 5-6 years ago I was at a park, walking around, decided to go on a coaster. The attendant out front was measuring most kids to make sure they reached the height requirement. The people in front of me were stopped while the kid was measured. They end up right behind me in line, and they were talking about all the waiting all day. Then the mom said "I'm glad we got the lifts for Timmy (Not the kids name, just made up). Could you imagine having to do the line twice so we could both ride?" I was furious. So they put lifts in their kids shoes, meaning he was too small, and endangered the kid just so you could go on rides and no one had to wait off ride? I would wager these would be the same parents to sue the park if something happened too. It was absurd, and I was really close to saying something to a ride attendant. Luckfully there was a family on the other side of me that quietly said something when we got closer to riding, the ride attendant measured the kid, asked for him to do it without his shoes, and the mom of the kid got furious. Turns out he was 2" UNDER the minimum for the ride.

Now I'm not going to lie, I've been up a little on my toes to stretch for a height minimum (who hasn't), but to give your kid lifts and shoes to make him 2 inches taller. Man.

Sorry for the rant.

Yes parks need more rides for various heights. But just because you as the parent think your kid is 'old enough' or 'big enough' doesn't mean you ignore the safety aspect!

Sorry. Rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad