Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
To be fair, after 9/11 when they agressivly installed metal detectors for a while, they were after you scanned your ticket as well.

But it makes more sense to put it before you scan your ticket, that way if there's an issue you can get rid of it at your car, or let security handle it without blocking up the ticket scanners. Plus doing it after the ticket scanners just makes me iffy bc if you do forget you have something not allowed on you, are they gonna let you get your hand stamped if you got a single day ticket? Because otherwise you can't get back into the park.

I'm sure they would let you stamp. They lose money if they don't.

But that's such a roundabout way of doing things. And it'd be far more streamlined if they let you go through the metal detectors first.

I personally would be far more upset if I waited in line, scanned my ticket and then got told to go back to my car to put something away. Like you've already scanned my ticket. You've already allowed me admittance to the park.

I feel they're gonna deal with a lot more angry people by doing it this way thank to put it out where bag check was, where they are visible and not on the other side of a brick gate, where if you don't know that they're there it makes you wonder why the hell is the line moving so slow.

Everyone going through security for a flight knows that it's security and that's the reason for the line. (As grumpy as it makes people) but they can see it and acknowledge it. Having the metal detectors on the opposite side of an essentially brick wall, causes confusion considering the last time bgw had metal detectors was 9/11.

Are there signs posted at least saying there are metal detectors?

EDIT: It just makes even less sense to me considering SWO (a park within the same chain) and KD (it's direct competitor) have metal detectors before you scan your tickets.

Not to mention they have a perfectly good security area already set up that they are now not using. Everyone is already used to security being in a specific spot. Now they moved it.

Just wanted to note that I was at the park yesterday afternoon, got through the detectors with a belt buckle, phone, and keys in my pocket without setting it off. Left the park for a couple of hours and came back around 8:30pm for fireworks with the exact same outfit on and the exact same things in my pockets and set it off passing through that time. I've gone through them 4 times so far. Once at the end of Christmas Town when they first installed them, pass member preview day, and twice yesterday. I have the same exact pocket situation every time (wallet in left front pocket, phone in right front pocket, keys on a caribiner clip on right front belt loop) so I've never done anything differently there. Don't remember which one I passed through during Christmas Town but on pass member preview day and early yesterday, I went through one of the two on the far left and the one I triggered last night was more left-center so I wonder if the sensitivity isn't the same across the board. That's just my uneducated guess.

On my way out Saturday afternoon, I did see a police officer walking through one of them with his gun holstered testing one of them.

Reactions: jornor
I see your point @Applesauce .

I was told by someone familiar that the location was chosen to protect from the elements. He said during heavy rains, the water comes straight down the hill and the old bag check area gets a mini flood. He also said, during thunderstorms, the turnstile area is a place of "safe refuge" and the old bag check area is not.

Reactions: Applesauce
Lets just look at Disney for a second....they do scanning in a tent...a portable structure and have some of the worst afternoon storms daily in the summer. Scanning should be in the same location that bag check has been, anything past that point should be the secure area. The machines also can not be secured in the old location, im betting that is a main reason they are on the otherside of the locked gate at night.

Reactions: Zachary
I mean looking at Universal and Disney, they both have their metal detectors in a fairly open area. Not beyond a locked gate. I'm sure they prolly have far more security than Busch does at night, but its the same principle. They are before a locked gate. SWO's are barely before you leave the parking lot.

Reactions: Unagi and Zachary
The security screening areas are patrolled all night, there is also a pretty good system of cameras watching everything. The security you see is nothing compared to what is there. Like Roz says...."im watching....always watching". Not to get into anything but a high profile incident Disney picked out a person of interest to the US Marshalls and notified them of his presence on property....just think about that, the US Marshalls couldnt find him but the Mouse did.

I mean you're prolly not wrong, but that was absolutely not the point I was trying to get across.

I don't think BGW has the same amount of security, but it should still patrol the front gate and not to mention just watched in general. So I don't see the point in why they couldn't have it where bag checks used to be.

BGW has plenty of cameras at the front entrance; the biggest reason for their placement is defintely weather related, but the other end of that is space. the previosu bag check area is much more narrow and tight. They would have to use less metal detectors.

personally i dont see why they cant move the ticket scanners to the next covered area between package pickup and lost and found. it separates things a bit.

It seems like ever since they installed the metal detectors they have reduced their security inside the park. Very seldom see any security. There was a fight going on this past Sunday by the Smokehouse and two bystanders broke it up after a few minutes. Security never did show up.

To be fair there are members of security that I would just as soon not see. Some of them are, frankly aggressive asses. Others are quite nice, helpful, and polite.

Reactions: BenWilkerson
BGW has plenty of cameras at the front entrance; the biggest reason for their placement is defintely weather related, but the other end of that is space. the previosu bag check area is much more narrow and tight. They would have to use less metal detectors.

personally i dont see why they cant move the ticket scanners to the next covered area between package pickup and lost and found. it separates things a bit.
Then there would be no guest services inside the park?

Reactions: Zachary
Agreed, take out that silly little shop that is never open just before the old security rent, widen the path and make a propper security screening area.......but its about money and they arent going to spend it unless forced to. They will continue to give the feeling of a secure park and safe guests till something happens and they have to show they have a full review of security measures.

Reactions: Mamunia
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad