Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Attraction Type
Roller Coaster
Attraction Status
Existing
Attraction Manufacturer
Rocky Mountain Construction
Attraction Model
Raptor
I was at the park yesterday and rode it five times (my first time riding a Raptor and main reason for the trip). It was a walk on and I got to ride in the very front and back (on the last ride I was the only one on the train). They kept having technical difficulties and on my last ride I was stuck baking in the sun for a few minutes and decided I was pushing my luck. Excellent coaster and concept and would make for a great terrain coaster.

Yeah that thing is super fun I love just smoothly zipping along that rail. Would love to see a really creative custom one using terrain! I do love Jersey Devils setting and I think that with the local theme will always make me appreciate it more than Wonder Woman Flight of Courage.

Reactions: Zachary
Sigh oh Jersey devil I wish this ride was good you know, I really do. But now it’s just plain bad. It’s got multiple potholes, and the forces it has aren’t exciting. It’s just a boring ride. Good layout, has potential but god this ride is garbage. There is no reason it should be this rough 3 years in.

Sigh oh Jersey devil I wish this ride was good you know, I really do. But now it’s just plain bad. It’s got multiple potholes, and the forces it has aren’t exciting. It’s just a boring ride. Good layout, has potential but god this ride is garbage. There is no reason it should be this rough 3 years in.
maybe they should retract the ride & maybe give it tlc,

It just seemed to me looking at the design that the track joints would not age well. I have a feeling that the handful of single rail coasters they built will be orphans-- no one else is rushing to build them. SFFT is already replacing the trains on theirs.

It's a chance the parks take on buying prototypes-- it's either the next big thing or it's a piece of junk in a few years.

Reactions: Zachary and warfelg
The prototype single rails don't age well at all. Railblazer was already feeling really janky in September. I've ridden coasters 20 years older that were smoother.

Jersey Devil still runs like a dream (at least it did in December). I'll ride it again this weekend to see if its gotten any better or worse.

I rode two, JD is a little better. IMO the single rail can work, but the speeds and horizontal stressed RMC put on it with the early compact models with the lack of supports feels like this was inevitable.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad