Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
This year will be interesting for me, ive never done BGT HOS and then they announced SEAS HOS so it will be interesting to compare all three events.

Reactions: deacfan31
Hopefully Howl-O-Scream will be impressive this year. I really want to see what they came up with for these "all new scares" they announced about.

Reactions: The Quist
If staffing is bad enough to where the number of houses being run must be reduced, it could be a good idea to run an entire bonus house or two with no actors at all, and brand it as something new, a "themed experience" of sorts. Almost like when they did day-time walkthroughs of the houses many years ago, something where they don't need to have a line or anything, just a continuous cycle of people walking through a themed area for a little extra experience since it won't be as many houses.

Hell, this even opens the event up to those people who don't enjoy the scare-actors portion of it (the people who get too scared) and act as a good introduction to haunted houses for kids at that age where they are curious but as parents you don't want them having a breakdown in their first house from someone jumping out. This also acts as a good people eater, as the major downside to not having as many houses is the lack of people being occupied in something, so just having some areas where people can walk around and see some decorations, but in a tighter environment than can be achieved in the normal walking paths of the park to get that extra tension and atmospheric boost, is a nice bonus and could be done with little extra effort from the team.

I think they should do this anyway, or at least resume daytime/pre event hours walk throughs of a house or two. That unstaffed daytime walk through of Pompeii years ago was what finally convinced my kids to start staying after dark, and finally allowed us to start enjoying the event as a family.

I doubt we get any new mazes this year, which is fine. I just want the event to be solid. It's gonna have hiccups in it's first year back since Covid, which is fine

Reactions: The Quist
What are the odds of a Member Preview night? Historically they usually would have announced one by now, correct? I know things are wildly different this year overall. Is the Saturday of September 11th confirmed to be rented out by some company?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
It is happening but the date is TBD.

Attachments

• 9C5EC70D-4A6B-44D7-8073-23FCD6BE9981.jpeg
    9C5EC70D-4A6B-44D7-8073-23FCD6BE9981.jpeg
    660.4 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Murphy
"Select rides" is a bit unusual, no?
I think they have used that term in previous years for Howl-O-Scream. most years at least 4 rides are closed so it's actually a fairly reasonable term to use.

Reactions: Murphy
BGT and SWO just both announced new HOS mazes (although this is SWO's first ever season of HOS). Hopefully that means we get some news here soon

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Not really a maze but for those interested in being a scare actor, hiring has commenced:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems a bit early in the year to me, would have thought we wouldn't see this kind of ad until at least middle of next month...

Last edited:
Yesterday I heard a commercial on the radio advertising this while running around. So it sounds like they are trying to give themselves enough time to make sure they are as fully staffed as possible for HOS. Let's hope they succeed as it would be nice to have a park with everything open.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad