Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Just met Nora at the park. Based on the way the day is playing out, we are shooting for the 7:00 showing of Gloria with pork shanks between 5-6:30. Waiting on Luke and Peter to get here. Also, apparently the Talking Tree Stand in Ireland will remain closed today so we are gonna get shanks from the Smokehouse Show Grill in New France. ;)

Reactions: Nora
Pork Shank Day- though delayed was a fabulous way to spend time with friends! Peter, CK, Luke, and I had a great time!

I am Pork shank fan now thanks to Chicken King! Looks like there should be an annual "Glorious Pork Shank Day" event each year (if it remains on the menu!)

Here is CK enjoying the Glorious Pork Shank and what was left of mine. As you can see- nothing left but bones!

Attachments

• IMG_4773-001.jpg
    IMG_4773-001.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4772.JPG
    IMG_4772.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 38
Yes. It was a fun night. Good friends, good food, capped off with a wonderful show. I particularly enjoyed walking back to Grogan's Pub while holding a steaming hot pork shank from the Smokehouse Grill. Everywhere we walked through there were people going "What is that?" and "It looks and smells delicious." Some of us couldn't wait until the Pub to start tearing into a shank...ahem...Nora. Then, what was for me the funniest moment of the night, Luke McNuggets flew in on the sky buckets and when he landed in Aquitaine there was a fresh bottle of adult beverage waiting for him.

Reactions: Nora and Jonathan S
I snagged 2 shanks over the weekend, both from Trappers outside grill. They weren't hot, or even warm, by any means, but they were better than I thought they would be.

Meaty, not a lot of fat, and certainly better than the Turkey legs.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad