Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I’d be willing to bet money the train will open at all stops at some point by December. I love the idea of having it be this attraction but with so many people in the park and especially the amount of older people in the park, they need a way to move large groups of people from one location to another.

They would have to revert the trains back to their original rolling stock. When we rode, it was rather apparent how hard they were pushing Alpen Express through Festa Italia. She lost a lot of that momentum going through Festhaus Park, and our train wasn’t even full.

Given what the CT Express is....well isnt, at this point I think they would be smart to switch Alpen back to its origional rolling stock with the caboose and take the extra cars off the Red train. Go back to normal station operation, it would move more people I think over what they have now and bring it back to a means of tranportation and a few extra lights to look at. If they couldnt install what they wanted in the time they had when it was closed they will never get it done by Christmas. I personally think when the train fire happened they scaled back the plans for the express and somewhat put it on the back burner because they were unsure that they would have the railroad upgrades completed in time. Then they pulled it off and got the two trains ready then they had to throw something together at the last minute with what they had already ordered for decorations.

I just think they wore themselves thin in the creativity department for HoS 20.

We all know that BGW has lacked strong creative staff capable of making the strong shows/decorations they once were capable of. Maybe the "high level of effort" seen for HoS 20 was maximum effort from them and they gassed themselves.

Or them trying to split their attention between HoS 20 and CT 10 is why neither is what they should've, and could've been.

Reactions: sereniv
these problems are nothing new ... the park has these issues every year, tho CMT being 10 years, its gunna start showin more issues now

I love the idea of Christmastown Express but would rather have it as a transport ride. Also, with ‘Twas that Night, New France tends to get really packed after performances let out. Having the load station for the train only in Caribou is a mistake. That area is so tight with Invadr and the catapult open at Christmas.

Going tonight so crossing my fingers I’m able to actually get on the train.

Reactions: Mushroom
I’d be willing to bet money the train will open at all stops at some point by December. I love the idea of having it be this attraction but with so many people in the park and especially the amount of older people in the park, they need a way to move large groups of people from one location to another.
Tampa has its train running from one station after 5pm during CT, however they usually switch to use all the stations later in December.

Reactions: deacfan31
Tampa has its train running from one station after 5pm during CT, however they usually switch to use all the stations later in December.
missed that. Sucks though especially because there aren't many overlays or anything to show for. I'll miss taking the ride from Stanleyville to Nairobi

Now lets talk about thee refillable mugs. Busch Gardens has absolutely lost their minds with pricing. You can buy the mug for $6.99 but refills are $2.19. You can refill it with any of the hot beverages. Now if you dont want the mug and just want a paper cup its anywhere from $3.39 to $3.89 so even if you buy the most expensive drink you only save $1.70 on a refill after bying a mug.

View attachment 13405
Yikes! That refill price is about double from last year!

So, 4 refills after purchase to come out ahead on the mug.

Do they still let you refill prior year's mugs?

Yes, I am obsessed with their mint hot chocolate. I look forward to it each year. Especially the little bits of mint left in the bottom after drinking the hot chocolate. YUMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

My wife is equally obsessed with the wassail.

the wassail is the best!!! ^_^ its so good, and not too sweet. i love the hot chocolate too, but it is just very rich. it always feels like i am eating a melted down chocolate bar (which i probably am)

Reactions: Nicole
Despite early reports from Members Night the Turkey Dinner still comes with the Cranberry and Orange relish like always.

Reactions: Nicole
Yikes! That refill price is about double from last year!

So, 4 refills after purchase to come out ahead on the mug.

Do they still let you refill prior year's mugs?

My wife is equally obsessed with the wassail.

Werent refills .99 cent previous years? And yes you can use previous years mugs and refill for the same price as this years which makes no sense. So again this season I can use my first year mug and get the refill price. Itmakes good business sense to sell new mugs for $9.99 or so each season, offer free refills same day and .99 after that. Previous years cups should get no discount....at least thats my opinion.

the wassail is the best!!!

Agreed! I do like the Wassail, I dont do the hot chocolate. I am happy that it seemed to be easier to fins so far this season. Previous years it seemed to be only a couple places had it and on some nights only one.

Reactions: deacfan31
Despite early reports from Members Night the Turkey Dinner still comes with the Cranberry and Orange relish like always.
Yes, I guess my post could have been worded better, they did not have any is what I was told on preview night. They also said they didnt have creamer for coffee but brought some to our table after a few minutes.

We went last night. Manageable crowds. Most lights working. Only a 15 minute wait for Santa (around 4pm).

Holiday Hills has become somewhat of a dead zone, especially back by Dasher's Diner.
It is unfortunate that Santa only had 3 reindeer. There must have been serious budget cuts and layoffs.
The projection of the original Rudolph cartoon is really amazing. It even has a 3D quality.

Reactions: jornor
I haven't been yet this year but that being said I have always veiwed Christmas Town as a platform to further the Christmas season expirience with family. I dont necesarrily need mind blowing new events each year. I do hope the train kinks get straitened out as I have allways wanted a train durring the event.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad