Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Despite repeated requests for actual data, I still have seen no evidence of @Blauer's claims that, "Cedar fair, Six Flags, and Seaworld close the entire park because attendance is low and there’s a little rain in the air." I would caution against any debates predicated on unsubstantiated assertions. Imparting credibility on unproven claims risks allowing them to become perceived as agreed-upon facts.
Have you not experienced this at one of these parks??!!’n

I have numerous times after traveling 400-500 miles to go to these parks. At Kings Dominion. At Carowinds. And at Busch Gardens. Attendance was low. There was some rain in the air and they closed the park early. It definitely did not rain hard enough to justify closing the park. And several times it stopped raining and entirely when I experienced this.

Additionally, I was a Carowinds in November on a 50° day and they are closed the entire park at 3 PM with clear skies. Because of attendance!

It only takes some common sense to look at the situation when experiencing it

Carowinds closed early at least 10 times last year. They did not have dangerous weather 10 times last year.

I will continue to stand my ground on the subject I don’t care what people love amusement parks SO much that they justify unethical practices against their employees and their customers.

It’s also obvious that these people defending these unethical practices have not traveled hundreds of miles and spent money on hotels to attend a park that does not operate as advertised.

Oh yeah and Dollywood doesn’t do the sleazy kind of trick like Cedar fair Six Flags and Seaworld does

Oh yeah and Dollywood doesn’t do the sleazy kind of trick like Cedar fair Six Flags and Seaworld does

Screenshot_20240221_223133_X.jpg

I've said it before and I'm happy to say it again: I believe basically every regional amusement park in the United States closes for severely depressed attendance resulting from poor weather conditions—and I think that practice is wholly reasonable and defensible.

I have no idea why we're having this debate for the 20th time—this time in a thread about the merger of Six Flags and Cedar Fair. Argue about it until your heart is content in the thread dedicated to the subject.

Last edited:
2. Compensation Advisory Proposal. To approve, on a non-binding advisory basis, the compensation that may be paid or become payable to Six Flags’ named executive officers that is based on or otherwise relates to the Mergers.

At the Special Meeting, the Compensation Advisory Proposal did not receive the requisite vote of the Company’s stockholders and therefore was not approved.

Lol, Six Flags' shareholders said no to any golden parachutes for its execs.

I’d guess it will be finalized any day now since it was approved by the shareholders. It will just suddenly be announced on a random day…
Still waiting on regulatory approval so not a done deal but very likely.

here is a nice explanation on the legal movers that were used to avoid a CF shareholders fight.

I’d guess it will be finalized any day now since it was approved by the shareholders. It will just suddenly be announced on a random day…

I wouldn't count on it being "any day now" just because of the shareholder vote. The companies have said from the start that they expected the merger to be finalized in the first half of 2024, and we're just past three months into the year. Hold your horses.

Cedar Fair has an earnings call scheduled for May 9th, so I'm sure they'll have an update by then.

I wonder if cedar fair/six flags can have snoopy in the parks or its going to be like the paramount parks thing where they can only have one ip at a park

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad