Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sure, but that is dependent on accurate reporting in the app. Moreover, we don't know what actually constitutes "low" from a corporate financial and operations perspective.

Once again, it is fine to say that the crowds felt lower, but without internal numbers is a a stretch to assert that attendance was low throughout the season. In the case, the statement is especially suspect given the known biases of the poster.
And by the way, sweetie, these forums are for opinion. It is not necessary to pre-face every post with “this is my opinion.” I am intelligent enough to read someone’s post on here and know it’s their opinion. I feel sad for you that you think anything on these forums are facts from a company

And by the way, sweetie, these forums are for opinion. It is not necessary to pre-face every post with “this is my opinion.” I am intelligent enough to read someone’s post on here and know it’s their opinion. I feel sad for you that you think anything on these forums are facts from a company
Do I need to bust out the Rick and Morty copypasta again

I think I can speak with some authority here when I say that this forum is actually for discussion. To have prosperous, worthwhile discussions, people have to be working from a similar set of facts. In a healthy discussion, if someone asserts something as true without at least a somewhat reasonable degree of evidence, that person's claim should be scrutinized.

If you don't want the validity of your premises to be questioned all the time, simply say you "believe" or "think" something is true and build from there like the rest of us.

I've been around plenty long enough to see unevidenced truths that are repeated frequently enough become accepted facts in communities like ours. You may read every post with an implied "I believe" in front of it, but many do not. People are right to ensure the people who don't read your imaginary "I believe" aren't mislead by your assertions.

Last edited:
It’s obvious to me that you have never been involved in any business that involves attendance. Those of us that have know how to estimate crowds through the parking lot. It also seems pretty obvious that you have no financial background.
It’s obvious that you have no financial background either, or you’d know that attendance is a horrible metric to judge success on. If you own stock in a theme park, you care about how much money the park makes. Attendance is a terrible figure for communicating that.

The park could make admission free, and attendance would skyrocket. But the park would be financially worse off. Or they could make admission cost 20 billion dollars, and if just one person bought a ticket the whole year, their attendance would be 1, but the park would be financially better off.

You’ll notice that in earnings calls across multiple theme park companies, the executives often brag that revenues and profits were up despite attendance being down. This isn’t corporate spin — there are plenty of legitimate reasons that higher revenues with lower attendance is an objectively good thing. That means they’re making more money per customer, which means lower customer acquisition costs, lower customer retention costs, lower operating costs, and more. And before you turn this into another rant about CF and SEAS being cheap, consider that pretty much any consumer-centric business would want this.

Attendance isn’t a totally useless metric, and it can help show trends in the park’s popularity. But it’s a completely BS metric to use as the sole evidence for a claim that a park is failing or succeeding. Financial performance is the key metric here, and to @Nicole’s point, the only glimpse we have into that internal data is in the companies’ quarterly earnings reports.

This is their low attendance on Sunday, March 9 opening weekend. A day that should be packed. It’s 60 there

Attachments

• IMG_8799.jpeg
    IMG_8799.jpeg
    966.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Eye-Roll
Reactions: Zachary
This is their low attendance on Sunday, March 9 opening weekend. A day that should be packed. It’s 60 there
Just because it’s opening weekend for the season does not guarantee the park will be busy. Additionally, Carowinds, while nearby to a major population center, isn’t insanely close to their main area to pull from. Via the interstate it’s 20 minutes, but if you’re coming from anywhere else in the area, such as suburbs, it’s about a 30 minute drive.

I would like to take a moment to point out that you completely skipped over, or chose not to acknowledge this bit of information. This is one of the key factors the companies look at:
You’ll notice that in earnings calls across multiple theme park companies, the executives often brag that revenues and profits were up despite attendance being down. This isn’t corporate spin — there are plenty of legitimate reasons that higher revenues with lower attendance is an objectively good thing. That means they’re making more money per customer, which means lower customer acquisition costs, lower customer retention costs, lower operating costs, and more. And before you turn this into another rant about CF and SEAS being cheap, consider that pretty much any consumer-centric business would want this.

Looks like a typical Sunday at a Cedar Fair park, plenty for me. They stayed open right?
Edit, since the first didn't go through: Sunday is the 10th (when I posted) and queue times showed 60 minutes for Goldrusher, Fury and 3 other coasters down.

Last edited:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Theme Park Business. The attendence is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical parking lots most of the numbers will go over a typical visitor's head. There's also the financial outlook, which is deftly woven into the thoosie's perception - his personal experience draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The thoosies understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these factors, to realize that they're not just numbers- they say something deep about FUN/SIX. As a consequence people who don't follow online queue times truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the nuance in 3000 customer days, which itself is a cryptic clue that only passmembers are attending. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Richard Zimmerman's impetus unfolds itself in their favorite parks. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Fury325 tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

The plot thickens……”Pardon Our Dust” symbols have appeared over the locations of the Camp Theater and Snoopy’s Junction. Credit to Cameras on Carowinds on Twitter for the picture.
So it’s definitely a Camp Snoopy expansion. What would fit in this plot of land? Something like the family launch at Canada’s Wonderland? The family boomerang at Kings Island? Or possibly something entirely different, like a new log flume?

Reactions: Coasternerd
So it’s definitely a Camp Snoopy expansion. What would fit in this plot of land? Something like the family launch at Canada’s Wonderland? The family boomerang at Kings Island? Or possibly something entirely different, like a new log flume?
The land taken up by those respective attractions isn't super large. However, the footprint for our current two family coasters would both fit in that area, so I guess it's possible. On another note, I forgot that the playground and Wilderness Run both separate the land of the train and theater from the old Dinosaurs Alive, so it makes the potential footprint for this project much smaller than I originally thought.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad