Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Rev up those FOIA’s, we need to see the site plan!

Project description simply states:

“Proposed renovations to a portion of the existing Carowinds amusement park.”

I don't wanna jump the gun and get too excited about this for several reasons. My biggest question right now is whether or not Cedar Fair would build something of any scale at both KD and Carowinds in the same season. The parks are maybe 5-5.5 hours away from each other tops. I don't know if that's wise, but who knows?

However, there are also some interesting details to this. To my knowledge, Aeronautica wasn't given a “Project *****” name. The last time this naming style was used (to my knowledge) was for Project Alpha which turned out to be Copperhead Strike. Additionally, neither Snoopy’s Junction (or whatever the train ride is called now) nor the Camp Theater is being used for the 2024 season. What's even more interesting is that both of these attractions neighbor the old Dinosaurs Alive land. While my heart wants to jump to conclusions about a ground-up RMC/GCI, my brain tells me this is most likely a new family coaster. Or maybe just a Camp Snoopy expansion in general. Color me intrigued regardless.

Do you have a source for the attendance numbers at Caro?
This is far from conclusive, but Queuetimes.com gathers app wait time info from parks and uses it to chart approximate attendance, and Carowinds' summer 2023 did have plenty of short lines, heavily suggesting low attendance.

This is far from conclusive, but Queuetimes.com gathers app wait time info from parks and uses it to chart approximate attendance, and Carowinds' summer 2023 did have plenty of short lines, heavily suggesting low attendance.

Sure, but that is dependent on accurate reporting in the app. Moreover, we don't know what actually constitutes "low" from a corporate financial and operations perspective.

Once again, it is fine to say that the crowds felt lower, but without internal numbers is a a stretch to assert that attendance was low throughout the season. In the case, the statement is especially suspect given the known biases of the poster.

Sure, but that is dependent on accurate reporting in the app. Moreover, we don't know what actually constitutes "low" from a corporate financial and operations perspective.

Once again, it is fine to say that the crowds felt lower, but without internal numbers is a a stretch to assert that attendance was low throughout the season. In the case, the statement is especially suspect given the known biases of the poster.
I'd hesitate to declare anecdotes or second-hand numbers as "indisputable fact" but we aren't all insiders who have leaked attendance numbers, or secret verifiable data on how these parks operate. And I'm personally more interested in discussions that share these kinds of anecdotes, that might give some insight to the decisions made by corporate"

I just don’t see them investing much in Carowinds given the small returns on all the money they have sank into the park lately. The attendance was low last summer.
Based on conversation with a number of insiders at different park's and reported numbers on corporate quarterly reports it appears thar most companies and parks saw a decline last year in attendance. Supporting this but not proofing it many parks saw an increased roll out of incentives later in the year last year. So that brings up the question did Carowinds fair better or worse then other comparable parks? Also Carowinds only received a retheme area and some new flats so how does that compare to parks that saw larger attraction additions?

In other words you appear to be drawing a conclusion based on only partial data that may or may not even be accurate.

The plot thickens……”Pardon Our Dust” symbols have appeared over the locations of the Camp Theater and Snoopy’s Junction. Credit to Cameras on Carowinds on Twitter for the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_3032.jpeg
    IMG_3032.jpeg
    937.1 KB · Views: 63
Right. They just need to be stated as opinion and/or observation, rather than indisputable fact.
I suggest that you follow Carowinds Fans Only. They constantly post pictures of the empty parking lot including tonight.

It’s obvious to me that you have never been involved in any business that involves attendance. Those of us that have know how to estimate crowds through the parking lot. It also seems pretty obvious that you have no financial background.

This is typical at that park during the summer. That’s maybe 3000 people in the entire park at best.

Kings Dominion parking lot looks just as anemic on summer weekdays

When one factors in the majority of the people in attendance are probably low pain season passholders it’s not a lot of profit being made off of certain fringe parks. It does not appear that Cedar fair has had a great turn on revestment at Carowinds. They stopped investing heavily in Kings Dominion after the parks biggest investment was an attendance failure

Attachments

• IMG_7890.jpeg
    IMG_7890.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad