Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 31, 2014
I came across the reddit post that Carowinds released a survey. It showed three different concepts which are: the log flume, rapids ride, and a water coaster. Either one of those would be a good fit to the park and it also fills the void in their lineup.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Not sure why Cedar Fair would keep sinking money into that low attendance park instead of others that would produce better results. The parking lot has less than 1,000 cars most operating days.

The park does need a flume though. It also lacks family rides like it used to have like the train, monorail, riverboat and skyway. I think that’s why attendance is low. They keep installing rides aimed at the same people.

Not sure why Cedar Fair would keep sinking money into that low attendance park instead of others that would produce better results. The parking lot has less than 1,000 cars most operating days.

The park does need a flume though. It also lacks family rides like it used to have like the train, monorail, riverboat and skyway. I think that’s why attendance is low. They keep installing rides aimed at the same people.
Sure Jan GIF

Reactions: cschnizer
Came up with a concept of a Mack powersplash and new area expansion in the former rapids ride area. The new area would have a pirate theme and would connect the front gate area to the area near Fury. Along with the new water coaster, the area would feature a new seafood restaurant, a new gift shop, and interactive activities. It would also feature the "splash dock" a wooden deck right near the splashdown for those who just want to get wet, but not ride the ride.

1693366029185.png

They used to have a rapid ride and removed it. Kind of funny they want it back.
There has been a fairly decent outcry for at least on water ride of some sort on the dry side of the park for several years now. There could easily be the demand to make them want reverse course and look at different types.

Reactions: deacfan31
You know Cedar Fair doesn’t report profits by park in their public financial statements. Do keep making up information. Actually attend the park and see how bad numbers are.
We are talking about attendance, not profits. I didn’t claim or make up anything

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Could just be RMC teasing nothing (which they do a lot on twitter), but maybe they're teasing a 2025 carowinds RMC?

Yeah like when they teased an RMC at Kings Island back in May...LOL I take ANYTHING they tweet with a grain of salt as they LOVE to troll enthusiasts.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Oh yeah definitely. They make tweets all the time teasing random stuff that'll never happen. This one I felt like might have a little substance to it since RMC specifically mentioned Carowinds, but now that I think of it CW definitely wouldn't want RMC teasing a real addition they had planned. If anything, this probably actually confirms that there is no RMC additions planned for CW in the coming years.

Reactions: AutumnWox
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad