Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Went on Sunday night. The 6 of us in my group loved the music - especially the kids.

Shitty top 40 music is back…. I hate SEAS nowadays, completely out of touch with its fans or they just don’t give a shit.
I think the vast majority of paying customers like the music. I think the vast majority of "superfans" (like people on this website) don't like it.

But to use this as an example of how the park is out of touch with the majority of their customers is incorrect imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mwe BGW
I think the vast majority of paying customers like the music
The GP are ignorant, they will pay for anything. The majority of their guests will show up regardless of the music choice. The only thing changing the music does is dilute the overall Park experience and piss off the hard-core fans. Pretty sure you can get the same exact experience at Six Flags for way cheaper.

Take away the generic thoosie insult towards the GP and I'd be with you. Elitist comments towards the people that make parks financially viable when we are just niche nerds who have no moral superiority whatsoever are unnecessary and are part of why thoosies are disregarded.

Parks can make decisions that appeal to both the GP and the various fandoms that attend, it isn't an "us vs them" situation. Take Disney, only thing they have been doing that slightly rubs the Disney thoosies the wrong way is the IP spam, otherwise generally everyone can get excited and they know how to strike a good balance.

The GP are ignorant, they will pay for anything. The majority of their guests will show up regardless of the music choice. The only thing changing the music does is dilute the overall Park experience and piss off the hard-core fans. Pretty sure you can get the same exact experience at Six Flags for way cheaper.
My man...it's not that deep. It enhanced my group's overall experience. I'm sorry you don't like it but to act like it's this major deal that pisses off every hard-core fan is just being silly and dramatic. Pretty sure BG is still 100x better than Six Flags no matter what music they play.

I would push back on the claim that only hardcore “superfans” care about the park’s themed music choices. The immersive, European setting is central to what differentiates BGW from other parks and other entertainment options. Anecdotally, I still hear people all the time saying that they make the extra drive from Richmond to BGW instead of KD because they prefer the theming and setting of BGW.

I believe music is one of the most impactful elements a park can use to create an immersive environment. Even if the average guest isn’t actively paying attention to the music the park is playing, I think music at least causes guests to subconsciously suspend disbelief and embrace the environment the park is trying to create. When used correctly, music adds a particular sense of life and place to a park and engages every guest, even if they don’t actively notice it. The sound of accordions and bagpipes is what cues to you that you’re not just on a hillside in Virginia with some horses — you’re in an old Scottish village.

As further evidence that the average guest does care about themed music, I’d point out that pretty much every single one of the world’s most-visited parks exclusively play themed music (Disney, Universal, etc.). People visit those parks in droves and pay money hand over fist to visit them because they care about experiencing the environments the parks have created. Would Frontierland really feel like an old western town with Billie Eilish songs playing instead of fiddles and banjos? Would Main Street USA have its same charm if it played Imagine Dragons?

Pop music at BGW is impossible to escape. It’s hard to suspend disbelief and pretend you’re in a quaint Scottish village when Dua Lipa is playing on the speakers. You can’t avoid it. It brings you back to reality. Suddenly, I’m not in a European village anymore. I’m in an amusement park, hearing the same music I can hear at Buffalo Wild Wings. When I go to BGW, I don’t go to experience what I experience everywhere else in life. I go there to escape, for something different. And based on BGW’s success in providing that escape for most of its history, clearly others go to the park for that same reason.

Last edited:
Devil's advocate: if the park was attempting for modern European vibes, pop music would be appropriate to an extent (though obviously there should be different flavors representative of what's actually enjoyed in the given country each hamlet represents).

To contradict the devil though, the foundation of the park's theme is traditional/whimsical Europe, what we think of as Italy or Germany or parts of the UK are like and not actually as they are or were.

Has anyone redeemed there passport to fun tickets? Where is the best place? How's it work? Do you just hand them over like the quick queue vouchers and get your benefits?

You should have been redeeming your vouchers as you reached the level where there was enough for a reward. I have been redeeming mine at Guest Services outside before I enter. They say you can redeem them at any Guest Services location although I have never found the upgrade center by DarKoaster to be open. The F&B locations can't accept the vouchers unless it is specific to that award level. When you go to GS make sure you have some form of picture ID. Sometimes they ask and sometimes they don't. The vouchers are specific by name so you can't combine vouchers with other members. If the voucher has your name and you have the correct amount, they will issue you a reward voucher that will verify what it is used for. At F&B locations they will take the completed voucher. It is a one-time use voucher but doesn't have to be used the day you redeem it. Also, you can't redeem somebody else's vouchers. Had my wife with me and handed them both at the same time and they would not accept hers until she was physically standing there with me.

I'm posting this here since the subject of the vouchers from Summer Passports has been talked about here. I'm capitalizing to shout this out.

IF YOU HAVE VOUCHERS THAT YOU HAVE NOT REDEEMED TODAY IS THE LAST DAY YOU CAN REDEEM THEM!!!

I knew today was the last day to get vouchers but until I read the fine print about the program, I didn't realize today was the last day. Period. Just got back from redeeming the 8 vouchers we had accumulated and confirmed with guest services that today was the last day. If you have vouchers you need to get to the park before they close today.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad