Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
giphy.gif

It's now listed on the parks website. Dates are August 17 - September 3 running on Fri, Sat & Sunday. They have this promo on the webpage:

"More than 200 years of Oktoberfest traditions come to life this fall. Sample traditional German food, listen to live music, and experience all this unique Bavarian celebration has to offer.

From hoppy to bold, we have a craft beer for you. Don't forget to try Virginia's local brews. Prost!"

I am kinda glad that there is enough space between this and howl o scream. I love a good beer as much as the next person......But..... i dont think we need more reasons to drink at howl o scream lol

Reactions: jornor
BGW Press Release:

BIER FEST AT BUSCH GARDENS® WILLIAMSBURG
TAPS MORE THAN 100 BEERS

One of Virginia’s Best Beer Festivals is Back and Bigger Than Ever
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (July 31, 2018) – Summer may be coming to a close, but Busch Gardens Williamsburg’s Bier Fest is ready to showcase some of the country’s best beers to enthusiasts.

Park guests can toast the final few weekends of summer with some refreshing frosty beverages. This festival spans three weekends and features more than 100 beers tapped throughout the event, brewery talks from popular craft breweries, live local bands and traditional German food. Bier Fest takes place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from Aug. 17 – Sept. 3. Beer bars throughout the park will offer guests unique draft and bottled beers from around the world, almost half of which come from breweries in Virginia.

And what’s Bier Fest without authentic German food? This year’s menu features an array of mouth-watering items, including roasted turkey legs, beer-battered bratwurst and a giant pretzel with bacon salt known as a Riesenbrezel.

Busch Gardens’ Burgermeister will host a firkin keg tapping ceremony on Fridays during the event.

Not only will the beer be cold, but park guests can enjoy sounds from top local bands:
  • Daily performances; fan favorite THE HAPPY DUTCHMEN will perform each day during Bier Fest.
  • Aug. 18; Jesse Chong brings his reggae infused jam-rock to the event.
  • Aug. 25; acoustic guitarist Lewis McGehee performs.
  • Aug. 31 and Sept. 1; The Deloreans will take guests back to the sounds of the ‘80s
  • Sept. 1; Buck Shot Band, a modern country group, takes the stage.
  • Sept. 2; the rock-n-roll band Super Dopplerperforms.
  • Sept. 2 - 3; Kevin MaC brings his “Southern Swag” music to the stage.
For more information, including operating times, please visit buschgardens.com/williamsburg/events/beer-festival/.

Enjoyed last nights fireworks with the family.

Attachments

• E83C9999-BBC5-498D-AA7E-B7BAC86D3D36.jpeg
    E83C9999-BBC5-498D-AA7E-B7BAC86D3D36.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • CCFB1D09-10A8-423B-AE74-8E0041B2B541.jpeg
    CCFB1D09-10A8-423B-AE74-8E0041B2B541.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 3D4A4692-8D2D-4525-B9CF-6BDD6E6D37B4.jpeg
    3D4A4692-8D2D-4525-B9CF-6BDD6E6D37B4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 10E5A88E-503F-4F44-9318-B588BB7DC507.jpeg
    10E5A88E-503F-4F44-9318-B588BB7DC507.jpeg
    933 KB · Views: 0
  • 0AA974A5-7E18-469F-BEC1-DF5B3987EFB9.jpeg
    0AA974A5-7E18-469F-BEC1-DF5B3987EFB9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Enjoyed last nights fireworks with the family.
This is technically Bier Fest now for sake of thread correctness, don't mean to be a thread prude. I just feel Bier Fest is always ignored as an event. I feel bad for the little guy.

I was shocked and very happy to see that they brought back the Scotch Egg and Bushwacker after being MIA from Food & Wine for a few years. They were available at the Cobblestone Bar in England. I felt guilty drinking a Bushwacker (frozen blend of Kahlua, rum & crème of coconut), but man did it take me back to letting the kids run around Land of the Dragons while my wife & I downed a few.

I enjoyed Bier Fest more on Friday than I did on Saturday. Saturday was just insane with the crowds; good weather makes for long hot lines. The line at Grogan's, about 6pm, stretched to the steps of O'Tators and Oktoberfest the lines were even longer.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad